HSBC Ayala, 40k still ok to withdrawl in one hit?

In my experience, all HSBC ATMs will dispense cash on any Mastercard or Visa card irrespective of the issuing bank.  The maximum amount allowed depends upon your agreement with the issuing bank and may also depend upon the current balance on your card (e.g. NatWest Access has a rule that you may only obtain a cash advance of up to xy% of the remaining credit balance).

asiawolfie

While in Hong Kong, I enquired about opening an account with Hong Kong HSBC. I was told there is no limit of cash you could bring into Hong Kong to deposit into my HSBC account. Can I use their ATM in NCR or Cebu without fee?

Can you open an account in HKG at HSBC if you r not a resident there ?

miles-high

Yes, I still need to verify this but a new account assistant told me all I need is a physicall address where I can receive agreements, cards, etc. and a phone number, both of which I have at the moment...

smokey

That would, of course, depend on your individual limit set by your bank.  My limit is only $500 per day so there is no way I could do 40,000 pesos.  YMMV

what is up with all this how much can you PULL  just go in the bank and withdraw the amount you want instead of standing at an outside ATM shoving big stacks of 1000 peso notes into your pockets...

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Yes.

SkyMan

what is up with all this how much can you PULL  just go in the bank and withdraw the amount you want instead of standing at an outside ATM shoving big stacks of 1000 peso notes into your pockets...

The Ayala HSBC ATMs are inside and there is a guard.  This refers to pulling from a foreign bank's atm card.  I cannot go into the Ayala HSBC and withdraw from my US HSBC.  The various HSBC's around the world aren't connected.

musicman666

what is up with all this how much can you PULL just go in the bank and withdraw the amount you want instead of standing at an outside ATM shoving big stacks of 1000 peso notes into your pockets...

The Ayala HSBC ATMs are inside and there is a guard. This refers to pulling from a foreign bank's atm card. I cannot go into the Ayala HSBC and withdraw from my US HSBC. The various HSBC's around the world aren't connected.

The HSBC ATM machine in Ayala is about the only thing that always works 24/7 and is safe without long queues and doesn't mind me being a foreigner....one of the few things that keeps me sane here.

SkyMan

The HSBC ATM machine in Ayala is about the only thing that always works 24/7 and is safe without long queues and doesn't mind me being a foreigner....

Knock wood!

I really wish they'd open another branch in say Lacion.  They had another branch in Banilad and I can understand why they closed it as it wasn't very far from Ayala but a branch in Lacion and maybe in Talisay would make much more sense.

Edited by SkyMan