Sign in to follow this  
BlueFin

101-yr-old Filipina’s secret to long life

broden

There's a reason why the Japanese have higher life expectancy than the Americans and the rest of the world. The Japs used to have the lowest life expectancy post WWII so it can't be their genetics that let them live longer. I'd rather believe that the longer or shorter you live have more to do with your diet and lifestyle than genetics or fate.

maybe it superpowers caused by radiation

Lauie

maybe it superpowers caused by radiation

Maybe

3c5f4d3f-2f86-4530-aefa-17e0f12c0da1.jpg

Art

I knew a filipina in her 60's who beat up her husband in his 80's.   I asked her why and she told me he was fooling around with a married woman and that was unforgiveable as well as a big no no.  It seems she was his third wife and he was a bit of a philanderer.  Philanderering was ok so long as the woman was single in her eyes.  After thinking about it I came to the conclusion she couldn't control his philanderering so rationalized it as ok if the woman was not married but all the time she hated it.  So one day when he crossed her rationized line she had the excuse to rip into him for all the fooling around.   That's my theory. 

I don't buy the idea that we are genetically programed to cheat, we are genetically programed to reproduce.   If you believe in the fall of man then you could argue post fall we are morally corrupted to cheat.  I could accept that as an argument. 

SkyMan

I joke when saying that, but this is the prayer or mantra

Grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference

Actually, the whole prayer is...

God, give us grace to accept with serenity

the things that cannot be changed,

Courage to change the things

which should be changed,

and the Wisdom to distinguish

the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time,

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,

Taking, as Jesus did,

This sinful world as it is,

Not as I would have it,

Trusting that You will make all things right,

If I surrender to Your will,

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,

And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

• Like 1