Permission Required from One Parent to Allow Other Parent to Leave Country with Children

alexccms

I'm leaving the country next week.  Gotta work.

Mrs. Alexccms is staying behind with our daughters so that she can accompany Lola on her first trip to the U.S. when she gets her tourist visa next month.

When my wife tries to board the plane next month she'll have our two baby girls, both with U.S. passports.  Is there some kind of special permission or form I need to fill out to allow her to board and leave the country with our daughters while I'm not present?

They'll connect in Japan on their way home, by the way.  Thanks guys.

tom_shor

Check with the airline.

Davaoeno

my experience is that you need a notarized letter giving you permission to travel without one of the parents.  While i needed that in several countries the Phil was not one that i travelled to so cant advise on the Phil requirements, but i would expect it to be the same as other countries

Peter C

when I left  the Philippines with my 10 years old daughter in 2007 a verified permission of her mother (my wife) was required by the immigration. my daughter left the Philippines with her Philippine passport. when we left Germany to return to the Philippines she was using her German passport. at the passport control in Frankfurt I was asked 'where is the mother?' a verbal explanation in this case was enough, that my daughter is returning home to her mother. 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

better safe than sorry

always have more than you think you might need

no matter if it's money, paperwork, or whatever

Nangulo

This is what the DFA web page says, although there is no paragraph pertaining to your specific situation: One parent abroad and minor child traveling with other parent, but you can glean some of the restrictions about children traveling without one or both parents and take applicable precautionary steps to reduce your stress level.

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/consular-services/passport/passport

Edited by Nangulo
ed villas

both with U.S. passports.

were they born here??? and they leave on US PASSPORT what the fine outstanding people at BI not boi informed me they must have vaild visas and must pay the "visa fees"  ,

had i been smart unlike others on this fine outstanding forum. i would have had the childs RP passport, but i guess i was a cheap sob like others  , had i spent under 1200, i could  have saved many times over of the "BI not boi" fees.

since the CHILD is leaving on NON RP passports perhaps the departure rules are different,at least in my case it was,

(but again my experiences seem or appear to be so far different than some of the other fine outstanding members)

last item, if the child was born here and you or others would like to save money, get extra copies of the NSO,

if you like to spend money and pay many times over what the regular cost for a NSO is, just wait til your out of the RP and then need get  the NSO,  

Chris24

At my wife's urging, we've drawn up one of those each time she's traveled internationally with our kids, I think four trips in total from the U.S to the Philippines (through Japan).  She takes certified copies of birth certificates along too.   She has never once been asked to show anything other than their U.S. passport and the e-ticket issued by the airline.  Countries she's flown out of with kids and without me along are the U.S., Philippines, Japan, France, the U.K., Hong Kong, and China although that last one was by tour bus going back to Hong Kong

I think your wife has a 99.9999% of being fine, especially with U.S. passports for the kids.  It's not like she can be suspected of kidnapping Filipino kids if she's taking them to a country from which they already have passports issued in their name.

By the way there was no way I was going to waste a precious international trip going with her to France, that was the year I went to Boracay unaccompanied.  An easy call to make, I spent a lot less money and had a lot better vacation, and whatever French were there, they were all pretending to be from somewhere else.

Even though you almost certainly won't need it, I'd be happy to e-mail you the template we drew up for the spousal authorization for international travel if you PM me.

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 1

my wife travels frequently with my 3 year old son, he's got a Philippine and dutch passport, (my wife filipino passport only)

although you keep hearing that she needs additional papers (especially on forums like this) it never has been ask during her travels,

as far as i know, as long as the names in the passport are the same, there should not be a problem.

it is very very very common parents travel alone with kids, especially in ''expat'' country's.

Peter C

when I left  the Philippines with my 10 years old daughter in 2007 a verified permission of her mother (my wife) was required by the immigration. my daughter left the Philippines with her Philippine passport. when we left Germany to return to the Philippines she was using her German passport. at the passport control in Frankfurt I was asked 'where is the mother?' a verbal explanation in this case was enough, that my daughter is returning home to her mother. 

have to make additional explanation: at that time in 2007 my daughter was not under my family name in her Philippine passport when we left the country, only in the German passport she was under my family name.