Sign in to follow this  
sork

One-way to Cebu: What to do about an Ongoing Flight???

Bob Ward
I'd rather have the bragging rights of being at Lone Star till 4:30 am without having my balls removed with a rusty spoon. LOL

Why? Is that a common occurance there? :D

A very high percentage of Filipinas would be livid and either experience a long term tampo, for the more passive, and or coupled with possible violence for many other less passive.

Edited by Bob Ward

retired
So the answer is YES I can get a BB stamp because my wife is returning with her Phils Passport. We should have marriage certificate handy etc.. And this BB stamp will allow me to stay in the country up to a year without having to get visa extentions, is this correct? Are there other benefits to the bb stamp for me?

thanks for the clarification. I'm glad you all and DBD are on the case.

sm

Besides saving you several hundred $ over the course of the year you won't have to put on pants and make the semi-monthly trip to Immigration . :D

David ben David
So the answer is YES I can get a BB stamp because my wife is returning with her Phils Passport. We should have marriage certificate handy etc.. And this BB stamp will allow me to stay in the country up to a year without having to get visa extentions, is this correct? Are there other benefits to the bb stamp for me?

sm

YES! The answer is Yes!

You are welcome!

For those that may not know. Getting a visa extension, although not that difficult and (usually) does not require one or two days like before... It does take time and money. From my home in Talisay City it takes about an hour and a half to get to the Immigration Office. I plan all day for Immigration and if by some miracle I get out early I head over to SM (It's a shopping mall here, not SadoMasochism - you get that at Immigration!).

If you are coming from the far north or far south you may be traveling enough to require a room for the night.

So every 60 days you will spend a day (if all goes well) going to Immigration!

A lot of people say that going to Immigration cost more than the extension. (A tip to the Philippine Government would be to allow people to extend for 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 months at one time and charge an extra P500 for special processing - nearly everyone I know would get the 10 month extension, pay all the fees like it was Five 2-month extensions AND pay the additional P500 extra fee - it would be worth it!

Cost not only include the price of the extension, but taxi fare, and likely the cost of eating out (for some on a budget this is a heavy toll!). My diabetes prevent me from drinking, but some on this board would need to spend a couple hundred dollars to buy enough beer to recover from doing the Immigration thing.

Plus you get to visit the Philippine government an extra five days.

Personally, I have found that the less contact I have with the Philippine Government in the Philippines, the better my life is!

Lee

Below is the post I mentioned earlier where a foreigner married to a Filipina and returning to the Philippines after a trip out was refused a BB stamp and only after going to the BI office in Cebu was he given the stamp in his passport and they could have just as easily refused to give it to him since I have known others who have been refused the BB stamp. I would say that with a green card you would probably get the stamp, but a positive yes might be a stretch and maybe a call to the Philippine Embassy might be a good idea to clear it up for a maybe, I won't say for sure because I have found that there is nothing for sure in the Philippines except eventual death, a lot of pretty ladies walking around and VAT. http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/home.htm

Nothing is guaranteed IMHO unless the returning Filipina is a citizen of another country as the web page states. JMO

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...ost&p=52529

Bob Ward

sm

YES! The answer is Yes!

You are welcome!

For those that may not know. Getting a visa extension, although not that difficult and (usually) does not require one or two days like before... It does take time and money. From my home in Talisay City it takes about an hour and a half to get to the Immigration Office. I plan all day for Immigration and if by some miracle I get out early I head over to SM (It's a shopping mall here, not SadoMasochism - you get that at Immigration!).

If you are coming from the far north or far south you may be traveling enough to require a room for the night.

So every 60 days you will spend a day (if all goes well) going to Immigration!

A lot of people say that going to Immigration cost more than the extension. (A tip to the Philippine Government would be to allow people to extend for 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 months at one time and charge an extra P500 for special processing - nearly everyone I know would get the 10 month extension, pay all the fees like it was Five 2-month extensions AND pay the additional P500 extra fee - it would be worth it!

Cost not only include the price of the extension, but taxi fare, and likely the cost of eating out (for some on a budget this is a heavy toll!). My diabetes prevent me from drinking, but some on this board would need to spend a couple hundred dollars to buy enough beer to recover from doing the Immigration thing.

Plus you get to visit the Philippine government an extra five days.

Personally, I have found that the less contact I have with the Philippine Government in the Philippines, the better my life is!

The last three times I went to the BOI for my extension, I was in and out in less than an hour. Now I go at one of two times during the day, when they open at 8, or when they re-open after lunch at 1pm. There is a cut off time at 11 am and 4 pm to start new business so that they can conclude the morning or afternoon business before they leave for lunch or for the day.

The prices for the extensions are listed plainly on the wall, although somewhat confusing to the first timer. There are people in the office who will try and "help" you and they will add fees for that if you don't watch out. But if you just go in and go to the window, get your paper, fill it out, get the photocopy and turn them back in, the fee is set without hassles.

The current fee for a 60 day extension is P2,330. It is either P500 or P1000 more for your first 60 day extension after the initial 59 days (21 on arrival + 38 extension) because there is a background check they supposedly do. LOL

Edited by Bob Ward

David ben David
The current fee for a 60 day extension is P2,330. It is either P500 or P1000 more for your first 60 day extension after the initial 59 days (21 on arrival + 38 extension) because there is a background check they supposedly do. LOL

So a BB Stamp could save you up to P12,650!!

P2,330 X 5 (for a year) plus P1,000

At P40 to $1 that would be about $316 bucks to stay a year!