Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

The possibility of a missile launch by North Korea is very high

musicman666

If they launch a nuclear-armed missile toward the US, NONE of those allies would even blink an eye if we retaliated.

Headshot ....your talking like a politician.... Do you mean that none of the countries that surround North Korea would be bothered if the USA made a nuclear strike against North Korea?

I think that those surrounding countries would push for a conventional response since nuclear radiation would spread far and wide around the region for generations.

Edited by musicman666
  • Like 1

Headshot

Headshot ....your talking like a politician.... Do you mean that none of the countries that surround North Korea would be bothered if the USA made a nuclear strike against North Korea?

I think that those surrounding countries would push for a conventional response since nuclear radiation would spread far and wide around the region for generations.

Well...let's change the situation just a little. Let's say that North Korea's missile hits Beijing. What do you think the Chinese response would be? All a conventional response does is gets more of your people killed. How do you think China would feel if the US invaded North Korea in response to a nuclear attack? Do you think China would respond with an invasion if they suffered a nuclear attack? I'm sorry, but you are sounding like a loon.

musicman666

Well...let's change the situation just a little. Let's say that North Korea's missile hits Beijing. What do you think the Chinese response would be? All a conventional response does is gets more of your people killed. How do you think China would feel if the US invaded North Korea in response to a nuclear attack? Do you think China would respond with an invasion if they suffered a nuclear attack? I'm sorry, but you are sounding like a loon.

There are other ways of responding conventionally ....ie you could destroy all the nuclear missile launch locations with non nuclear weaponry....you could also knock out the warheads mid flight. It would be different if Korea was located in Mexico....

Oh one more thing ...headshot you are sounding like an asshole.

• Like 2

broden

ok you both got successful launches now lets get away from name calling

as far as the topic .. if anyone launches nukes at you you have to quickly decide how to make sure they never do it again 

if it could be done conventionally that would be great but if that puts you in greater danger or rather your troops or civilians in greater danger it's not necessarily an easy choice

Headshot

I wasn't calling him names.

Headshot

There are other ways of responding conventionally ....ie you could destroy all the nuclear missile launch locations with non nuclear weaponry....you could also knock out the warheads mid flight. It would be different if Korea was located in Mexico....

I think there is something about this you don't understand. How do you destroy missile launch sites when they are using mobile launchers? You also seem to have way too much faith in our missile defense system. BTW...I am not a politician or an asshole (I'm not sure which was the bigger insult). I just spent my life in and around the military, and I know that the only sure way to defeat an enemy is by actually defeating them and making sure they can never attack you again. Politicians don't understand that at all. Otherwise, there never would have been ground wars in Iraq or Afghanistan as we know them. In war, if you wait to see what others think (or how they will respond), you will lose. Ask Poland how depending on others worked out for them. Ask Czechoslovakia how it worked out for them. Britain and France sold them both down the river. Politicians worry about world opinion. Military men do not. They only worry about how many of our guys will have to die because of stupid decisions made by politicians who were worried about world opinion and get them (or their buddies) killed in the process.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

smokey

I think there is something about this you don't understand. How do you destroy missile launch sites when they are using mobile launchers? You also seem to have way too much faith in our missile defense system. BTW...I am not a politician or an asshole (I'm not sure which was the bigger insult). I just spent my life in and around the military, and I know that the only sure way to defeat an enemy is by actually defeating them and making sure they can never attack you again. Politicians don't understand that at all. Otherwise, there never would have been wars in Iraq or Afghanistan as we know them. In war, if you wait to see what others think (or how they will respond), you will lose. Ask Poland how depending on others worked out for them. Ask Czechoslovakia how it worked out for them. Britain and France sold them both down the river. Politicians worry about world opinion. Military men do not. They only worry about how many of our guys will have to die because of stupid decisions made by politicians who were worried about world opinion and get them (or their buddies) killed in the process.

I know i know drop nails on all the roads ?

• Like 2

Davaoeno

.. if anyone launches nukes at you you have to quickly decide how to make sure they never do it again 

are you suggesting that the Japanese should be figuring out how to destroy the US ??

Guy60417

the problem is the american tax payer does not have the trillion dollars it will take to fix north korea after its bombed ,,, new factory's  hospitals, schools,, roads .. etc plus we would have to build a new military base like we did in germany,, south korea,, japan etc 

I think it's safe to say that, post-Iraq/Afghanistan, the days of 'nation-building' are over. If any politicians should even hint at it, American voters will be quick to set them straight.

IF we should go to war with North Korea, I think the aftermath for the US will be to pack up and leave the NorKs to do the rebuilding themselves. Presumably the South will take over the country and will fix things up, and China will invest there. Over time, it would get straightened out without us paying -- maybe quicker that way.

In any case, demolition and construction are two separate jobs, and we seem to be better at the former. :)

• Like 1

smokey

I think it's safe to say that, post-Iraq/Afghanistan, the days of 'nation-building' are over. If any politicians should even hint at it, American voters will be quick to set them straight.

IF we should go to war with North Korea, I think the aftermath for the US will be to pack up and leave the NorKs to do the rebuilding themselves. Presumably the South will take over the country and will fix things up, and China will invest there. Over time, it would get straightened out without us paying -- maybe quicker that way.

In any case, demolition and construction are two separate jobs, and we seem to be better at the former. :)

guess you never heard of the World bank or the ADB the people who give billions of west money to countries that ask for a loan then after they get it say it was a grant...

dennis1105

Oh one more thing ...headshot you are sounding like an asshole.

So, you are saying that the way to deal with a madman with a gun is just to knock the gun out of his hand??? That's laughable!!! ... and naïve.....
  • Like 1

musicman666

There are other ways of responding conventionally ....ie you could destroy all the nuclear missile launch locations with non nuclear weaponry....you could also knock out the warheads mid flight. It would be different if Korea was located in Mexico....Oh one more thing ...headshot you are sounding like an asshole.So, you are saying that the way to deal with a madman with a gun is just to knock the gun out of his hand??? That's laughable!!! ... and naïve.....

Yep that analogy sure is laughable and naive...... How about a suicide bomber with his hand on the trigger about ten feet away...what do you want to aim for? Better you just talk about the actual subject rather than these pointless scenarios.

buzbyu

I doubt anything will come of all this talk................the MSM is very misleading right now...

This is just engineered so he can gain the people's faith again.  Launch some missiles and test some nukes stating he scared away the treacherous Americans and terrible Japanese...victorious he is...praised and goes all the parades in his honor just as his father and grandfather had.   He's had some difficulty transitioning into power so this is just a move on his chess board....

I doubt he really wants war and is aware of the consequences.   The real danger are the 13,000 artillery batteries aimed at South Korea.  Not the hundreds of rusting russian fighter aircraft or the shitty missiles that can't aim at all....or the ww2 era equipment the DPRK uses....

The sanctions really squeezed him tight so it could be a sign DPRK and Jong Un regime might implode internally...they're holding on ...

• Like 1

dennis1105

How about a suicide bomber with his hand on the trigger about ten feet away...what do you want to aim for?

I would aim for getting 20 feet away! Then aim right between the eyes........

broden

are you suggesting that the Japanese should be figuring out how to destroy the US ??

i'm sure if they could of they would of .

same way we were destroying them for attacking us