Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

The possibility of a missile launch by North Korea is very high

dennis1105

ok my condescending douchey post deserved that reply....

but reworded I still think it is true.

What you said was definitely true but, Apparantly, it doesn't bother me as much as it does you. Anyone who can figure out a way to have a war without death should run to the Patent office. Our soldiers in South Korea know why they are there and they are prepared for what ever happens. When push comes to shove, not every American joined the Army for the educational benefits. Most of them are there to defend the US and are proud to be able to do it.

Canuck Joe

What you said was definitely true but, Apparantly, it doesn't bother me as much as it does you. Anyone who can figure out a way to have a war without death should run to the Patent office. Our soldiers in South Korea know why they are there and they are prepared for what ever happens. When push comes to shove, not every American joined the Army for the educational benefits. Most of them are there to defend the US and are proud to be able to do it.

ah...I read you now...

USMC-Retired

If the North Launch into the South this will be a  huge killing field.  People that keep saying that the north will be wiped out forget the death toll and how bad the south will be destroyed.  The north has been planning for 60 years for this day. 

• Like 4

panther

The question that needs to be asked here is the lives of thousands of innocent people needing to be scraficed to free the masses of brain washed followers ? The americans and her allies in my opinion should target the entire leadership to set these people free ,it will still take decades to reverse the brainwashiing of all the people into knowing that they have been lied to all their lives .The next time they have a parade where all the generals and henchman are gathered into one spot a carefully placed large bomb will solve all this .

ozboy

That is too logical....

Guy60417

The estimates I've read say 500k-1mil dead in the South (combined military/civilian, US/Korean). Presumably much more than that in the North.

Topper

On the news this morning, it was reported that SK in on an alert that is one step down from war. DEFCON 4?

Canuck Joe

Japan readiies patriot missiles in Tokyo

tom_shor

I was watching the news here in the Philippines, and it was reported that NK would be Test Firing this missile come Monday - I hope that NK is aware that after 4 weeks of threats that if they fire anything in the direction of the US, Guam, Japan and/or South Korea - test or not, that is an indication of first strike and we have license to respond accordingly 

But lets face it we won't. Too bad too.

tom_shor

I am not really concerned with nukes from NK, but their artillery could still devastate SK. Now you may say...what do I care at least its not on my soil. Well I would ask you to consider how many lives would be lost...don't care about Koreans? Ok, do you know how many US troops are in SK?...still don't care?

Ok how about the trigger for global systemic financial failure...and or all out WW3 as NK's comrades join in.

Have your attention now?

I don't believe NK actually has any friends. The Chinese back him for their own reasons. I think however China will think twice before ruining their economy by getting into a war with the west. They need buyers for their goods so a war isn't good for them either. NK sure isn't going to buy the stuff.

• Like 3

Davaoeno

But lets face it we won't. Too bad too.

an innocent question - are all the members who advocate a first strike nuking NK - and all the civilians there-  Americans ?  I'm just wondering if the desire to start using nukes without retaliation on a civilian population  is a particulary American thing - or if other members here feel the same way ?

HeyMike

I'm American... and I said hit them first... never meant with nukes. Conventional or precision bombs will be fine with me.

• Like 2

the.lone.gunman

an innocent question - are all the members who advocate a first strike nuking NK - and all the civilians there-  Americans ?  I'm just wondering if the desire to start using nukes without retaliation on a civilian population  is a particulary American thing - or if other members here feel the same way ?

Nukes not necessary.  The biggest threat to S.Korea is the North's artillery and rocketry. The South knows where most of that stuff is located. A preemptive strike would wipe that stuff out in hours. Invasion is not a threat, the million man army would be wiped out by border defenses. If the N. Korean air force flies it dies. N.Korea's nukes are not deliverable and could be taken out by cruise missiles. The REAL issue  is that neither China nor South Korea wants to deal with 22 million refugees.

• Like 3

Mr. Mike

In this particular situation, I do not advocate a preemptive strike! I will even go one step further,,,,,,,,even if Kim managed to nuke one of our cities, I would not advocate a nuclear response, but a massive, conventional one.

• Like 1

lazydays

The Chinese back him for their own reasons

NK is rich in natural minerals that are mostly bought up by the Chinese.