Sign in to follow this  
datkins587

Ferry from Cebu to Bohol with car

datkins587

I rented a house on Panglao and will be moving there on May 1st. I did a search on how to get my car over there but most everything I found was years old. Does anyone have any current info on which ferry will take your car over and what the rates are?

I'm not opposed to driving down to Argao either if it’s cheaper and easier or going from Cebu City to Tubigon or even Talibon. Again if it’s easier and lots cheaper. Probably not worth the extra drive time and fuel if it's not substantially cheaper.

I'm really looking forward to the move. I need a more lay back lifestyle than what I have been getting in Cebu City.

Thanks for your help.

enoonmai

The times that Paul listed in the 1st thread (pinned) about Lite Shipping are still current as of a month ago - http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/18484-lite-shipping-taloot-argao-cebu-to-catagbacan-loon-bohol/#entry166951.

Prices vary depending on vehicle; SUVs are 1650, I believe. One guy told me I needed a bill of lading from the Cebu City office but I checked further and that appears to be not true but YMMV. I think you will find everything you need about the Argao-Loon route in that thread. 

shadow

The times that Paul listed in the 1st thread (pinned) about Lite Shipping are still current as of a month ago - http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/18484-lite-shipping-taloot-argao-cebu-to-catagbacan-loon-bohol/#entry166951.

Prices vary depending on vehicle; SUVs are 1650, I believe. One guy told me I needed a bill of lading from the Cebu City office but I checked further and that appears to be not true but YMMV. I think you will find everything you need about the Argao-Loon route in that thread. 

The Lite shipping from Taloot wharf to Loon is definitely a good option, if not the best option. Midsize car about P1200, no paperwork hassles. 

Headshot

From Cebu City, your best option is Lite Shipping from Cebu City to Tubigon. Then you can drive to Tagbilaran down the coast road (which is a good road). That is the cheapest and fastest route for you if you're starting in Cebu City.

You can see schedules and contact information for all of the ferry lines operating out of Cebu City here...

http://www.cebudirect.com/phonebook/shipping_schedule

Edited by Headshot

udonthani

that (north of) Argao-Loon is supposed to be a good value ferry. Prices are not uniform on ferries at all. They vary. A lady ahead of me in the queue at the Santander-Dumaguete ferry I overheard she was charged 800 for her car, for only a 30 minute trip when a motorbike and driver is 200. 1,200 for Argao/Loon for a car sounds good to me.

liquido

Its only a 1 hour drive from Tubigon to Tagbilaran and 45 mins from Loon...The drive is nice,only bad part is driving through Tagbilaran...The Lite shipping ferry to Tagb is long and boring over 4 hours...... 

Headshot

Its only a 1 hour drive from Tubigon to Tagbilaran and 45 mins from Loon...The drive is nice,only bad part is driving through Tagbilaran...The Lite shipping ferry to Tagb is long and boring over 4 hours...... 

And...it's only an hour and a half from Cebu City to Tubigon, which means you arrive in Tagbilaran an hour and a half earlier than if you go to Tagbilaran by ferry. And cheaper too...did I mention cheaper?

datkins587

Well it looks like Cebu City to Tubigon may be the way to go. I would like to go from Argao to Loon but it’s a 2 hour or better drive to get to Argao from Cebu City. The Ferry leaves at 8:00 am so may be difficult. Plus they probably want you there and hour or so early to load the car. I'll head over to Lite shipping office tomorrow and find out the prices and what the process is.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Edited by datkins587