True Identity

Thelandofku-an

Nowadays locals are lining up to get their 2013 Cedula (community tax certificate) which is a requirement for many transactions at government and legal offices and also serves as an ID.

The whole thing is a charade since anyone can walk into City Hall and get one by paying the required fee, giving a thumb print and any name which happens to come to mind!

I have a good Filipina friend who has worked in Hong-Kong on her sisters passport for donkeys years!

My work is that of teacher/trainer and I am reasonably familiar with local grammar, vocabulary and national culture.
However I find it a little difficult to reconcile some peoples grammar and vocabulary with what they claim as their culture.
I sometimes get the impression that there are some misidentified people in our everyday lives on this forum!

My point is that it would be interesting to hear other peoples views about the reasoning behind living a lie?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
  • Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Thelandofku-an

• USMC-Retired

• Canuck Joe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just go to any bar frequented by foreigners, and they will lie about who they are directly to your face!   Don't be offended by losers who come to SEA and reinvent themselves.  Just remember that if

the RP will be very safe in the event of any future invasion cause it has such a very high percentage of navy seals, secret agents, eagle scouts, other various top notch government assassins and the l

Identity transparency isn't a requirement or very wise to do in this day and age either here in the forum or anyplace else on the internet.

Posted Images

Edwin

However I find it a little difficult to reconcile some peoples grammar and vocabulary with what they claim as their culture. I sometimes get the impression that there are some misidentified people in our everyday lives on this forum!

If you are saying some of us only read and write at a 3rd grade level, I admit it. But others may be writing English poorly because it is not their first language. It took me six months to understand one poster but now I never misunderstand what he writes.

On the other hand some people with highfaluting degrees from the USA write like fifth graders. Their degrees were in sciences, not grammar. It has nothing to do with intelligence in many cases.

And some are frauds.

• Like 7
Thelandofku-an

If you are saying some of us only read and write at a 3rd grade level, I admit it. But others may be writing English poorly because it is not their first language. It took me six months to understand one poster but now I never misunderstand what he writes.

On the other hand some people with highfaluting degrees from the USA write like fifth graders. Their degrees were in sciences, not grammar. It has nothing to do with intelligence in many cases.

And some are frauds.

No Sir, I would not insult anyone by saying such a thing about peoples abilities, they are what they are.

And I agree with your observation about high-faluting degrees.

What I am over-politely referring to is people misrepresenting themselves on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

96c8xg.jpg

• Like 6
Kahuna

No Sir, I would not insult anyone by saying such a thing about peoples abilities, they are what they are.

And I agree with your observation about high-faluting degrees.

What I am over-politely referring to is people misrepresenting themselves on this forum.

Identity transparency isn't a requirement or very wise to do in this day and age either here in the forum or anyplace else on the internet.

• Like 7
Thelandofku-an

Absolutely correct, but I think perhaps it would be reasonable to declare country of origin and gender so that we can observe the appropriate sensibilities when replying to a post?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Absolutely correct, but I think perhaps it would be reasonable to declare country of origin and gender?

tumblr_mjjjt5az4b1r539hzo1_1280.jpg

• Like 5
Irenicus

Absolutely correct, but I think perhaps it would be reasonable to declare country of origin and gender?

And submit DNA samples.

Ick.

Nevermind.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

And submit DNA samples.

Ick.

Nevermind.

i'm sure Paul would just love skipping down the path to the mailbox every day

• Like 3
Kahuna

Absolutely correct, but I think perhaps it would be reasonable to declare country of origin and gender so that we can observe the appropriate sensibilities when replying to a post?

There a netiquette already in place and your responses should follow that without delving too much into a person's history. In time you get a feel for this and can work from there.Way too much information is already being thrown out there from my observations.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

the RP will be very safe in the event of any future invasion cause it has such a very high percentage of navy seals, secret agents, eagle scouts, other various top notch government assassins and the like

• Like 9
shadow

No worries, it is common knowledge among long time members that Ian is really a gay Korean!

;)

• Like 3
Thelandofku-an

Just go to any bar frequented by foreigners, and they will lie about who they are directly to your face!

Don't be offended by losers who come to SEA and reinvent themselves.  Just remember that if they are a loser in their Country of origin, all they have done is moved!  You'll see through them eventually.

Thanks, I'm maybe past being offended so perhaps disappointed would be appropriate.

My real concern would be for other members security when they dole out helpful advice to fraudsters who may latch-on to clues?

Maybe Shadow will give some input on his "tracking" successes?

I thought Ian was a Canukorean?

• Like 1