Items needed to build a 12 (10mx10m) fish cage facility. Looking in Cebu and Manila Cebu

JamesMusslewhite

JamesMusslewhite

I designed a lobster fish farming facility and am now in Cebu and soon Manila to look for suppliers of all the items to build a floating 12 (10mX10m) fish cage system with a floating (10mX10m) watch house with work space addition. This is a list of items I need to locate supplier for in the next few days.

rolls of Fish netting

rolls of Sun protection cloth

2X4 treated yellow pine

2X6 treated yellow pine

2X8 treated yellow pine

4"X4" angle iron

1/8 & 1/4 plate steel

Portable Generator (powered to operate compressor and underwater welding machine)

Band saw

Table saw

Heavy Sander

Grinder

Vice

Drill press

Pneumatic drill

Drill bits / Paddle bits

C clamps & vice grips

Levels & squares

Hand tools

Tool box

Safety glasses

Welding mask

Welding glasses

scuba tanks and rigs

Welding  gloves and supplies

Welding rods and implements
acetylene & Oxygen cutting rig - gauges, nozzles, hoses, new tanks, and implements.

Pneumatic ratchet

Rotor tiller

Heavy leaf and twig spreader

16-24 hp diesel pumpboat motor

32-36 foot pump boat.

Any advice to find items on this list would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
Half Baked

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Seriously, that sounds like one heck of an undertaking. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

I am sure you can get the basic stuff at Ace Hardware - SM or J Mall.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

I am sure you can get the basic stuff at Ace Hardware - SM or J Mall.

There is also a large hardware close to the foot of the bridge on Mactan, which carry many of the smaller items and hardware.

There is also a large hardware close to the foot of the bridge on Mactan, which carry many of the smaller items and hardware.

Correct forgot about that place even though I drive past it twice daily. Just opened a couple of weeks back. Wilcon I think it is.

Alfred E. Neuman

Go to downtown Manalili St. for large scale fishing needs.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

Correct forgot about that place even though I drive ptast it twice daily. Just opened a couple of weeks back. Wilcon I think it is.

I walked through it last night to see what it carries. I will need a good power plant drive a compressor and an underwater welding rig. I want to use only pneumatic drills and ratchets at just above waterline. This is for safety reasons. The joists and deck tops will need to have quality stainless steel bolting/ braces and screws. Needed for the connection of joist, braces, and unions. their bolts and screws were much too small.for the task. I need places that do heavy hardware.

JamesMusslewhite

Go to downtown Manalili St. for large scale fishing needs.

Thanks will put that info into my notebook.

Headshot

Ummm...you mention yellow pine dimensional lumber. Is there some reason it needs to be yellow pine? I have never seen any yellow pine in Cebu. Would some other type of wood work for your purposes?

towboat72

try Belmont hardware.they are not cheap but have a large selection

are you using reverse polarity ac/dc for yor underwater welding ???

JamesMusslewhite

try Belmont hardware.they are not cheap but have a large selection

are you using reverse polarity ac/dc for yor underwater welding ???

I believe that is the configuration my brother-in-law wants to use.

JamesMusslewhite

Headshot, on 09 Apr 2013 - 20:01, said:

Ummm...you mention yellow pine dimensional lumber. Is there some reason it needs to be yellow pine? I have never seen any yellow pine in Cebu. Would some other type of wood work for your purposes?

it is sold in City hardware. and the pressure treated yellow pine will out last most all other woods on open water.conditions like a floating facility right on the water. It is also what was requested to use in the design. Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

James for what its worth I noticed in the Cebu Pacific magazine this afternoon that Citi Hardware was advertising 100% US lumber products. Not sure if that helps you at all.

When you come to Manila if you find yourself totally lost or have something specific you need I will be glad to ask around or help if at all possible. Drop me a line and I'll give you my cell number. If nothing else you'll surely need a cold beer eventually?  

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

I am also looking for a craftsman rotary tiller

Garden_tiller_cultivator_with_4_cycle_Br

and a Craftsman leaf and twig shredder/ chipper.

047502-464E-Ymachs-CS-1024x954.jpg

I was told that there was a SEARS Tool outlet in Manila, and I hope they can at least be ordered if not carried in stock.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Never heard of a Sears outlet here, but Snap-On has a sales and showroom. They ship out of Singapore. Bought my Snap-on box in Makati of all places...

Snap-on Tools Singapore Pte. Ltd.,
     Philippines Branch
     4F, 2053 Edison Street
     Makati City, Philippines 1234

Tel. No.: (63/2) 843-7935
Fax. No.: (63/2) 843-7730

Unfortunately Snap-On doesn't make tillers I don't think - but maybe some of the other tools you need are available through them.

• Like 1