PDOS problems - family may miss their flight

karma007

Maybe she was turned down and is using the papers as a excuse, maybe she took all the money and has no intention of leaving. Or maybe you did not relise this is the philippines and nothing get done right the first time, for such major things like leaving the country it is best if you come here and help. Locals have a aversion to doing any thing new, that why we tell people to watch ground hog day before moving here, then we tell them to learn how to sit for hours with a numbered ticket in you hand watching the paint dry on the walls with kids climbing all over the place when you deal with any government department.

why did you leave anything to the last minute , i would be telling the airline your partner and family are staying longer.

karma007

so i am taking my misus ( g f ) to hongkong for 2 days from bacolod for my visa run what do i need to get done for her

Hire a hooker who has already been to hk, then tell the immigration she is your gf .

I took a girl to singapore she had traveled before so we where not asked for any other document apart from my exit visa.

ozboy

NSO !!!!!! When we submitted application for visa at embassy we supplied all NSO docs....When we received our acknowledgement email we got a additional doc request requiring us to get NSO to send the same docs directly to them. 3 months later they request the full court procceedings annulment papers as there is a slight difference in our NSO docs n the ones just received!!!!! Makes zero sense n now we are 28 days behind before they will start processing again....

• Like 1
lazydays

Can't help thinking why people do not join LinC much earlier, there is much info about all PH related topics here.

Do your research and ask questions well in advance.

When applying for NSO documents it's always advisable to also get half a dozen certified copies, never know when you might need them. (Photocopies are not acceptable in many cases because they are easily forged)

I'm fairly sure the CFO is still run by Nuns, but they just wear civilian clothes.

lazydays

so i am taking my misus ( g f ) to hongkong for 2 days from bacolod for my visa run what do i need to get done for her

As she is your gf and travelling with a short term return ticket within ASEAN i doubt she needs a CFO.

Check with Larry (Shadow) to be certain.

I guess she needs;

Current Passport (NSO certified copy of birth cert and her official ID to apply)

Return tickets.

Written/downloaded copy of Hotel booking.

Travel Insurance (Medical)

Money (proof she has reasonable funds for her trip).

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1
Headshot

NSO !!!!!! When we submitted application for visa at embassy we supplied all NSO docs....When we received our acknowledgement email we got a additional doc request requiring us to get NSO to send the same docs directly to them. 3 months later they request the full court procceedings annulment papers as there is a slight difference in our NSO docs n the ones just received!!!!! Makes zero sense n now we are 28 days behind before they will start processing again....

It is good to know that it isn't just the US Embassy here that's totally screwed up. Good luck.

USMC-Retired

She should complete the CFO seminar.  Even if she does not plan to immigrate.  They could stop her especially if she is traveling as your wife.  If she is just your GF nothing she just needs a passport.  However do not get caught with a fake or non-appropriately authorized BB stamp it will cause issues if you ever plan to take someone to your home country.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
newtocebu

I feel for ya mate, i really do. We went through the exact same thing.

BTW - sorry for going slightly off topic, but we were just granted our partner visa last week. After 13 months of pure torture, you would think id be over the moon. Unfortunately, I have to contain my excitement til they find her passport and return it.... Yeah, thats right - we received the parcel with her grant letter, supporting docs etc, but no passport... They 'think' they know where it is...

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

The office is way over worked and underpaid for the staff they have at NSO.  It is no wonder these errors happen and there is no excuse for the lines to get NSO documents and passports in this country,  The process to get things done is straight forward and simple.  Yet time and mixups cause it to be much more then difficult.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1