PDOS problems - family may miss their flight

This is probably just another story of the bullshit you most of you have to deal with while in the Philippines.  But this one may cost me alot of money. Fingers X we get it all sorted.

My partner is due to travel to New Zealand with the rest of our small family.  I found out upon the grant of the Visa hat it is a requirement she attends a Pre-Departure orientation seminar.

So on the official website it has listed all of the documentation requirements.  We had everything they requested.  But my partner has informed me that she went to the office and they have sent her away requesting a NSO certified birth certificate for her.  

We have her passport, Visa, Postal ID and letter from NZ Immigration as well as the photocopies as per their requirements but this has just thrown us out and we may not make the Wednesday flights as the next available seminar is on wednesday as well.  

I have tried calling the CFO office but it just very slowly rattled off a few options, and when I finally chose one it cut me off?

My partner is at the NSO office as we speak but the line is huge and she doesnt think she will get it done today.  And apparently tomorrow is a public holiday?  

Anyway - any advice would be much appreciated.   Dan

ed villas

your leaving the country and your  dont have extra copies of his/her NSO? ?????????

humm....?? nso in the rp is? what under 120p? but if you order outside of the RP its what? $15?$20?

, well any one who is leaving the RP and doesnt have extra copies of the NSO. they should.

NO FURTHER COMMENT,

Edited by ed villas
  • Like 1
panther

coming to this country is easy but getting out is a whole new ball game

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

When she attended the course CFO the first time they told her she had to come back to get the stamp.  If she lost the receipt or the paper they give her she may have to sit through it again.  I do not understand if she has already been to the course why they need the NSO birth certificate again.  

The only thing I can think is she never attended the CFO course and must now do so.  

A Filipino to leave this country is an utter Joke.  They must attend course wait hours and go to several government offices to pay money.  Then get a huge tax at the airport.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

A Filipino to leave this country is an utter Joke.

ya gotta do what ya gotta do, as your only alternative is to stay. at least it's possible to leave after wading thru all the red tape and nonsense. imagine a cuban or north korean trying to leave their countries?

• Like 1
shadow

When she attended the course CFO the first time they told her she had to come back to get the stamp.  If she lost the receipt or the paper they give her she may have to sit through it again.  I do not understand if she has already been to the course why they need the NSO birth certificate again.  

The only thing I can think is she never attended the CFO course and must now do so.  

A Filipino to leave this country is an utter Joke.  They must attend course wait hours and go to several government offices to pay money.  Then get a huge tax at the airport.  

The way I read it is she has not attended PDOS yet.

USMC-Retired

ya gotta do what ya gotta do, as your only alternative is to stay. at least it's possible to leave after wading thru all the red tape and nonsense. imagine a cuban or north korean trying to leave their countries?

Yep and in many ways I am thankful as it always could be worse.  However the Philippines pushes all boundaries of sensible.  The course is an all day affair and is mandatory.  There is no way around it and yes you need a NSO birth certificate and two forms of ID.   Normally just supporting Items we used DL and NBI.   Not to be a real bearer of bad news but there is a HUGE sign that states NO FIXERS posted on the door and above the guard.   So if the next classes is Wednesday plan to move your tickets.   I am not 100% sure but I suspect that the people giving the classes are from the Church by the shear number of crosses I saw around.

Edited by USMC-Retired

YEa - We took all required paperwork as listed on their official website.  Then they wouldn't allow her to participate in the seminar until she had a NSO certified Birth Certificate.  She had her birth certificate, but they want an NSO certified copy, which was not a requirement listed on their 'list of requirements'.   This countries policies are a joke.  But you all, already knew that.

We both have recent NBI clearances.  Plenty of other documentation.  

shadow

Yep and in many ways I am thankful as it always could be worse.  However the Philippines pushes all boundaries of sensible.  The course is an all day affair and is mandatory.  There is no way around it and yes you need a NSO birth certificate and two forms of ID.   Normally just supporting Items we used DL and NBI.   Not to be a real bearer of bad news but there is a HUGE sign that states NO FIXERS posted on the door and above the guard.   So if the next classes is Wednesday plan to move your tickets.   I am not 100% sure but I suspect that the people giving the classes are from the Church by the shear number of crosses I saw around.

When did your wife attend? In September the CFO took over the seminars, but before that it was given by nuns.

USMC-Retired

There were no nuns when we attended.  That were obvious.  She attended last month.  However lets say that the two ladies giving classes had Mr T Crosses on.  

Just like when we went they said no the first time and yes the second.  I can not remember the reason.  I thought that a passport and two other documents would be sufficient.  (comlec, NBI, DL, Baptismal, etc.)

Edited by USMC-Retired
Headshot

When did your wife attend? In September the CFO took over the seminars, but before that it was given by nuns.

Hmmm...who do you think the CFO is? Is there some misconception that this is a government office? The CFO was formed when the Philippine president signed a resolution whereby nuns would give classes for Filipinas leaving the country to work or live overseas (at no cost to the government). The order that runs the CFO does not wear habits or any other uniform per se, but they are still nuns. Sometimes they have a crucifix around their necks...sometimes they don't. However, if you look at their signatures on the certificate, you will see four or five letters to the side of their name. Those are the initials for their holy order. I keep hearing that somebody else has taken over, but I'm not sure that it's true. The government gets this service for nothing. The nuns are basically donating their services for this work. I can't even imagine the government deciding to spend money where they could have it done for nothing. The one change they did make was a move from the old location on Mango Avenue to the old DFA building on Osmena Boulevard down by Independence Park. 

dutchben

There still have seminar in mango.

Only the paperwork and sticker for the passport wil release on dfa building

shadow

About Us

Established
on 16 June 1980 through Batas Pambansa 79, the Commission on Filipinos
Overseas (CFO) is an agency of the Philippine Government tasked to
promote and uphold the interests of Filipino emigrants and permanent
residents abroad, and to preserve and strengthen ties with Filipino
communities overseas.

The
evolution of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas can be traced over a
series of policy pronouncements. Presidential Decree No. 442 (Labor Code
of the Philippines), which was passed in 1974, created the Overseas
Employment Development Board in order to set up a systematic program for
the overseas employment of Filipino workers, as well as to register and
monitor emigrants leaving for various countries. The following years
were characterized by a steady increase in migration, thus making it
necessary to establish an independent unit which would constitute a
local support network solely for Filipino emigrants. In June 1978,
Presidential Decree No. 1412 was passed the Office of Emigrant Affairs
(OEA). The decree specifically identified Filipino emigrants as the
recipients of its services.

In
June 1980, Batas Pambansa Blg. 79 was enacted to strengthen the
government's policy on the promotion of migrant welfare and interest. It
created the Commission on Filipinos Overseas which replaced OEA but
retained and further expanded its mandate.

The
CFO registers and provides pre-departure orientation seminars to
emigrants. It also promotes the transfer of technology as well as
material and financial contributions from overseas for development
projects in underserved communities all over the Philippines. It also
provides younger generations of Filipinos overseas with opportunities to
learn Philippine history and culture.

In 2005 or so, the CFO designated two religious entities, the St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation and PRISM, to perform the seminars as the CFO did not have the facilities or manpower to do so.  In September of 2012 that contract was withdrawn, and CFO is now performing the seminars themself. There is no longer any seminars going on in the SMEF location on Mango, the only place to take the seminar in Cebu is the Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Street. The seminars are now only two hours long, but the registration and everything else still takes most of a day.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Edited by shadow
  • Like 3
panther

so i am taking my misus ( g f ) to hongkong for 2 days from bacolod for my visa run what do i need to get done for her

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

so i am taking my misus ( g f ) to hongkong for 2 days from bacolod for my visa run what do i need to get done for her

CFO process is a requirement for Filipinos emigrating to another country either for work or via marriage. It is also a prerequisite for a Filipino who is married to a non-Filipino to change their name on their passport regardless of emigration intent.