Australian shot dead at Olongapo Beach Resort

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here

so at least over half the guys in the Philippines need to worry :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Dolsos

• udonthani

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here .    Of course if what is

None of us KNOWS why he was killed.   We dont even know the precise details of his business, how he was looked upon by fellow workers and employees, or anything about his personal life.     In th

nothing excuses bloody murder. But you see it on Asian internet forums all the time when foreigners are victims - not just the Filipino ones. There is always a rush, to blame the victim. The posters w

Edwin

Live in fear. Never speak out about any injustice. Never be honest and say how you really feel. Never enter a bar. Don't get involved with tourists. Don't piss off a local. Hide your head in the sand and you might survive a few years.  Or not.

Chicago is so dangerous!

• Like 6
Headshot

Live in fear. Never speak out about any injustice. Never be honest and say how you really feel. Never enter a bar. Don't get involved with tourists. Don't piss off a local. Hide your head in the sand and you might survive a few years.  Or not.

Chicago is so dangerous!

Whether Cebu or Chicago...is it an either/or proposition...where you have to be either deathly afraid or you have to be pissing people off around you? Somehow, it just seems like that is missing a whole lot of middle ground.

• Like 1
Scruffydog

Makes one ponder for sure.  At what point does the risk of being shot outweigh the joys of being here, ya' know?

Crime rate for Macon, Ga is higher than most places in Cebu..... Just saying

• Like 1
smokey

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here . 

Of course if what is considered to be " the joys of being here " involves kids, or abusing women or sticking your nose where it doesnt belong  then your luck may change

oh but that joy is often cut short by the large family needing money for schooling,, housing,, utilities ,,, food,,, cell phones,, i pads... cars... so even if the wife is a perfect wife often the family is waiting for a share of the lottery winnings

Crime rate for Macon, Ga is higher than most places in Cebu..... Just saying

and lets compare Mayberry to Manila at the same time
  • Like 2
smokey

Can get shot anywhere and if he pissed someone off enough to be shot in broad daylight then he obviously wasn't a very good guy despite what has been said.

Was probably sleeping with the wrong guys wife or knocked up the sister of someone and refused to take care of it or even diddling an underage girl.. many possibilities. 

Too many expats here tend to think girls here are simply toys to be used and disposed of as often as necessary or desired.

edit:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/australian-resort-owner-killed-philippines-073903777.html

They're saying it was probably work related  but if that was the case I'd have thought they'd take out the owner too if he was sitting right there....

LETS SAVE FACE AND BLAME IT ON THE GUY SHOT... so if it happens to any one of us we can come on line and say what a piece of SHI? the member was and he deserved it because it could not be the poor killers fault
  • Like 1

LETS SAVE FACE AND BLAME IT ON THE GUY SHOT... so if it happens to any one of us we can come on line and say what a piece of SHI? the member was and he deserved it because it could not be the poor killers fault

I can guarantee no pinoy will ever shoot me in the back of the head in broad daylight.  

Apparently this guy can't say the same thing, only thing I can assume is we've made different choices in how to act and behave while staying here.

The gunman is obviously the reason he's dead but the victim's choices certainly paved the road to that ending.

Or do you think it was a completely random crime and the gunman just thought "oh man that guys outfit is so tacky I better shoot him".

smokey

I can guarantee no pinoy will ever shoot me in the back of the head in broad daylight.  

Apparently this guy can't say the same thing, only thing I can assume is we've made different choices in how to act and behave while staying here.

The gunman is obviously the reason he's dead but the victim's choices certainly paved the road to that ending.

Or do you think it was a completely random crime and the gunman just thought "oh man that guys outfit is so tacky I better shoot him".

or maybe he was told to shot the boss and he shot who he thought was the boss... or maybe its a land dispute ,, or maybe his GF was looking for a trade in or maybe or maybe who knows but to say its HIS fault sucks.. you dont know but you automatically defend the killer as having a REASON that everyone would agree with ... AS judge Joe Brown would say man up
  • Like 3
Edwin

Maybe in the duties of his job he let an employee go. That would make him deserve this in your view. Nice to know.

There are many sick people in the Philippines who don't value human life. Obviously not all are Pinoys.

• Like 4

There are many sick people in the Philippines who don't value human life. Obviously not all are Pinoys.

Don't presume to put thoughts into my head.  I value human life but I have very little doubt in my mind that this was not a random killing.  

I believe in Karma.  If you treat people with respect and dignity then in general they will repay the favor, I think it more likely this guy looked down on pinoys and treated them like absolute garbage until such time as one of them felt so wronged they took this step.

I don't think this was a random killing, I don't think it was deserved either but everyone has to live with their choice, in this case both the victim and killer will have to suffer the consequences.

or maybe he was told to shot the boss and he shot who he thought was the boss... or maybe its a land dispute ,, or maybe his GF was looking for a trade in or maybe or maybe who knows but to say its HIS fault sucks.. you dont know but you automatically defend the killer as having a REASON that everyone would agree with ... AS judge Joe Brown would say man up

From the looks of it, "the boss" was the person killed and the owner was more of a hands off kind of guy in the day to day operations.  You're right, it could just be someone wanted to get him out of the way for personal gain and this guy was a saint, but when even the owner said the guy tended to be a jackass you have to wonder how he really treated pinoys.

• Like 1
Edwin

I think it more likely this guy looked down on pinoys and treated them like absolute garbage until such time as one of them felt so wronged they took this step.

And if you get killed would someone please tell your loved ones the same about you.

And if you get killed would someone please tell your loved ones the same about you.

If i get killed it will be a traffic accident or robbery, either of which can happen to anyone. 

In the 6 months we've been here I've hired and let go 5 local boys for deliveries, I'm still here and most of them still come around to b uy beer from our neighbors sari sari and when they do they smile at me make eye contact and idle chit chat.

Millions of pinoys get hired and fired all the time, what percentage resorts to shooting their ex boss?  You don't think there is alot more to the story then simply getting fired? 

Even the owner is on record as calling him a "harsh boss", that was what he said publicly the truth is probably quite a bit beyond that.  But its fine, bury your head in the sand and just think the guy was perfect and pinoy's are evil and violent for no reason except it suits them.

Edited by Dolsos
Cipro

Hmmm, I don't know the circumstances but I think there's one or two hospitals in the Olangapo/Subic Bay area... and Manila is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive...

:coffee:

There is an excellent hospital within a mile or so of the Blue Rock, just before the hills that separate "Baretto" from the old base. Then a few miles on there is another one just inside the base. The nearest is Lourdes I think.   

miles-high

Live in fear. Never speak out about any injustice. Never be honest and say how you really feel. Never enter a bar. Don't get involved with tourists. Don't piss off a local. Hide your head in the sand and you might survive a few years. Or not.

Call no man foe, but never love a stranger.
Build up no plan, nor any star pursue.
Go forth with crowds; in loneliness is danger.
Thus nothing God can send,
And nothing God can do
Shall pierce your peace, my friend.

--- Stella Benson

• Like 1
smokey

If i get killed it will be a traffic accident or robbery, either of which can happen to anyone. 

In the 6 months we've been here I've hired and let go 5 local boys for deliveries, I'm still here and most of them still come around to b uy beer from our neighbors sari sari and when they do they smile at me make eye contact and idle chit chat.

Millions of pinoys get hired and fired all the time, what percentage resorts to shooting their ex boss?  You don't think there is alot more to the story then simply getting fired? 

Even the owner is on record as calling him a "harsh boss", that was what he said publicly the truth is probably quite a bit beyond that.  But its fine, bury your head in the sand and just think the guy was perfect and pinoy's are evil and violent for no reason except it suits them.

If its a traffic accident its YOUR fault dam foreigners coming and clogging up the roads with their snobby driving... and if its a robbery its YOUR fault dam foreigners always showing off flashing their money in poor peoples faces /// so why was my wifes nephew shot in the head in his house for taking a cocunut without permission from the son of the owner but having permission from the daughter who LIVES there ... people are killed because someone thinks they have been wronged for any thing or someone paid them,, no case was filed but justice has been served guess the shooter had bad karma Edited by smokey