• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• udonthani

• Dolsos

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here .    Of course if what is

None of us KNOWS why he was killed.   We dont even know the precise details of his business, how he was looked upon by fellow workers and employees, or anything about his personal life.     In th

nothing excuses bloody murder. But you see it on Asian internet forums all the time when foreigners are victims - not just the Filipino ones. There is always a rush, to blame the victim. The posters w

afmayer

I am not saying that he wasnt a good man, but to me telling me that someone was polite at work doesnt help me to make such a decision. 

unless there are extenuating circumstances most people dont get shot in the back of the head at close range in the middle of a building.

maybe the gunman was crazy- maybe not . 

Yes, Filipino's (generally) don't get pissed off enough to do something like that without some underlying reason.

• Like 1
For Real

Man shot over private life, colleague claims

729davy-620x349.jpg

Paul Davy: "A bit of a loner." Photo: Supplied

Paul Davy was a mystery man - a "lovely guy" but a "harsh boss"; a "bit of a loner" but also "a man about town".

One thing is for sure: the 53-year-old Australian had a complicated private life, one part of which caught up with him on Saturday night when he was shot in the head, execution style, at a beachside bar in the Philippines.

"When a .45 bullet enters your head, it's a nasty experience," said Mick Hay, owner of the Blue Rock Beach Resort in Olongapo, near Subic Bay, where the murder took place. "I can tell you, because I was sitting right next to [Paul] when he got shot."

Mr Davy had been working for the past 3½ years as the resort's general manager.

Advertisement

"He ran the place well," Mr Hay said. "He was strict but you have to be here."

The two men were talking in the restaurant when, about 7pm, a man in a blue shirt, baseball cap and glasses walked past Mr Hay, raised a pistol and fired a shot into Mr Davy's right temple.

"Paul collapsed on the ground and the [shooter] ran off," Mr Hay said. "He was still holding the gun so no one was game to tackle him. He then jumped on a scooter and took off." Mr Hay loaded Mr Davy into a van and raced to a hospital in Manila, where he survived for 40 minutes.

Senior Police Officer Nasser Abdulasul, from Olongapo Police, said police had interviewed staff at the resort where senior management had a reputation for harshness. "Some of the staff told us that there were some workers who had been laid off recently without compensation. So that is one motive."

But Mr Hay rejected this. "What happened to Paul had nothing to with Blue Rock. It has to do with his private life."

It is understood Mr Davy, who was from Toowoomba, had an estranged wife and adult daughter in Brisbane. He also had a partner in Angeles City, north of Olongapo. "He used to visit her every couple of weeks," Mr Hay said. "He had a little girl with her, a five-year-old. There was never a problem there. But Paul was what you would call a man about town. It was common knowledge. And so we're 90 per cent sure that his murder has to do with that."

Mr Hay said Mr Davy came to the Philippines seven years ago but that he had "no idea'' what he did before.

"In the Philippines it's a good idea not to ask too many questions,'' Mr Hay said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/man-shot-over-private-life-colleague-claims-20130407-2hevs.html#ixzz2PovOisTt

• Like 1
smokey

Well sad to say but with all these foreigner shootings in the end its always seems to be blamed on the one shot

• Like 1
Davaoeno

"In the Philippines it's a good idea not to ask too many questions,'' Mr Hay said

Obviously Mr Hay wasnt a member of Linc - where this matter will be questioned, cross examined, fought over and debated at great length !1  The man who seemed to know him best doesnt seem at all surprised that the victim got himself into trouble. 

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Well sad to say but with all these foreigner shootings in the end its always seems to be blamed on the one shot

sometimes when people escape to a new environment where they feel that the laws are more lax they tend to act in a way that is not seen as being moral to some of the locals - who know how to cull the herd when necessary 

• Like 1
lazydays

I am not saying that he wasnt a good man, but to me telling me that someone was polite at work doesnt help me to make such a decision. unless there are extenuating circumstances most people dont get shot in the back of the head at close range in the middle of a building.

Mr Pope was seen as a nice guy to many, only to become a murderer.

Maybe a little hands on with the lovely little cover-singer they have most nights but whatever.

Maybe that's where his problem lay.

• Like 1
miles-high

Mr Hay loaded Mr Davy into a van and raced to a hospital in Manila, where he survived for 40 minutes.

Hmmm, I don't know the circumstances but I think there's one or two hospitals in the Olangapo/Subic Bay area... and Manila is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive...

:coffee:

udonthani

"When a .45 bullet enters your head, it's a nasty experience," said Mick Hay, owner of the Blue Rock Beach Resort in Olongapo, near Subic Bay, where the murder took place. "I can tell you, because I was sitting right next to [Paul] when he got shot."

that guy almost sounds pleased the guy got killed. I bet his takings have gone up in the past few days.

tokyoman

I find it strange that the poor guy was shot in front of a number of witnesses at his place of work. Perhaps the killer was sending a message that it was work related?

Furthermore if I was Paul (and was not involved) I would be keeping a low profile or getting out of town....Seeing somebody get shot in front of me would be a traumatic experience

Given that it does NOT sound woman related to me

ellenbrook2001

anywhere has usual very fishy ,then they probably never get the gunmen ,but anywhere too kill somoene in cold blood hmm maybe was not hes first target they seem very smart how too do it just walk at innocent then bang,then gone has nothing happen amazing and very scary?

Bill H

Makes one ponder for sure.  At what point does the risk of being shot outweigh the joys of being here, ya' know?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

At what point does the risk of being shot outweigh the joys of being here, ya' know?

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here . 

Of course if what is considered to be " the joys of being here " involves kids, or abusing women or sticking your nose where it doesnt belong  then your luck may change 

• Like 9

Makes one ponder for sure.  At what point does the risk of being shot outweigh the joys of being here, ya' know?

Can get shot anywhere and if he pissed someone off enough to be shot in broad daylight then he obviously wasn't a very good guy despite what has been said.

Was probably sleeping with the wrong guys wife or knocked up the sister of someone and refused to take care of it or even diddling an underage girl.. many possibilities. 

Too many expats here tend to think girls here are simply toys to be used and disposed of as often as necessary or desired.

edit:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/australian-resort-owner-killed-philippines-073903777.html

They're saying it was probably work related  but if that was the case I'd have thought they'd take out the owner too if he was sitting right there.... 

Edited by Dolsos
  • Like 1
towboat72

maybe he was after the owner but shot wrong guy

as usual fecked up the job .

• Like 1