Australian shot dead at Olongapo Beach Resort

same here walk at 5 am the guard still a sleep could grab hes gun also i have too wake him up too open the gate hahaha so funny he always say oh sorry sir?????what a joke?

we had a guard at our beach resort who was always asleep, also thought it was a joke as anyone could easily do what they want as the ocean would cover any noise.

correct mate?

yeah correct :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Dolsos

• udonthani

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here .    Of course if what is

None of us KNOWS why he was killed.   We dont even know the precise details of his business, how he was looked upon by fellow workers and employees, or anything about his personal life.     In th

nothing excuses bloody murder. But you see it on Asian internet forums all the time when foreigners are victims - not just the Filipino ones. There is always a rush, to blame the victim. The posters w

lazydays

PH is still much safer than Thailand, foreigners seem to get killed or dissapear every other day there.

• Like 3
livinglife007

It does leave you with an uncertain feeling as we mingle with the people and hope every day to be a safe and fun . Regards to the murdered mans family.

USMC-Retired

Wife just killed an expat for money so yes it is happening.   If not more deaths there has been a lot more coverage in the papers. 

while it might be profitable to kidnap foreigners i dont think it is ever profitable to kill them .

as to the "grown worse" comment - is that really true ?

DogHasItsDay

Line jumping is a problem throughout the world, it has been my experience that when a 'kano' queue's and a local queue's, 9/10 the local gets served first just take it as a way of life and move on as there is nothing that you are ever going to be able to do about it. That being said I have had the undoubted pleasure of grabbing non locals by the ear and redirecting them to the back of the line, the look of total shock on their faces when you grab them by the ear is priceless.

Condolences to the departed's family

Edited by DogHasItsDay
For Real

Australian shot dead at Olongapo Beach Resort

ozboy

Not anything on yahoo Philippines but plenty on Aussie news...the restaurant pics look like quite a big open area so assume lots of witnesses could have seen it or the aftermath...Great for tourism...

Gringo69

Now how in hell did this thread go from an Aussie hotel manger getting shot to bloody queue jumping???

To answer one question from an earlier post in this thread, reading on other forums the people that have met Paul reckon he was a decent man, always polite to hotel guests, tourists and staff...

Davaoeno

always polite to hotel guests, tourists and staff.

I am not saying that he wasnt a good man, but to me telling me that someone was polite at work doesnt help me to make such a decision. 

unless there are extenuating circumstances most people dont get shot in the back of the head at close range in the middle of a building.

maybe the gunman was crazy- maybe not . 

• Like 1
tom_shor

What a shame. Ive been there several times and chatted with that bloke that runs the place. As already mentioned, the guard was apparently absolutely useless.

You really think one of these minimum training minimum wage security guards is going to confront a guy with a loaded .45? (That is of course presuming the guard himself is armed)

.45 to the head used to be the signiture of the sparrows. Have they been flying lately?

Very sorry to hear about what happened to this guy very sad for the family.

littlePP

I am not saying that he wasnt a good man, but to me telling me that someone was polite at work doesnt help me to make such a decision. 

unless there are extenuating circumstances most people dont get shot in the back of the head at close range in the middle of a building.

maybe the gunman was crazy- maybe not . 

I post a photo of a 18 year old American soldier armed and ready to use his weapons, captioned that he is protecting the country - versus the silly NYC nanny mayor Bloomberg suggesting 18 year old's are not mature enough to own a gun. You respond by saying - you would not want to live near this "killer'.

Bwhaha!

Now, Ian "assumes" this man might not of been so good - without a single fact to back it up aside from his being murdered, and then - here comes the punchline - says, "maybe the gunman was crazy- maybe not"

:snap:

Cipro

I lived near the Blue Rock, in fact it was the 1st place I stayed when I came to PH to dive Subic in 2008 or whenever it was. LIved across the beach road in a subdivision before the flooding last fall. The dive center in Arizona is better run so I started going there but the Blue Rock was a good place to eat. 

Sad, he was a nice old codger. Maybe a little hands on with the lovely little cover-singer they have most nights but whatever. 

mabutiman

A disgruntled employee?

The biggest reason why I would never do business in the PI

Not only are you up against corruption and jealous competitors but dismissing a Pinoy could get you murdered

If you run a business here do not do it to make money - treat it as a hobby

R.I.P my fellow Aussie

Business or no business they will still kill you ....as has been said never ever piss them off !!!

• Like 1
mabutiman

PH is still much safer than Thailand, foreigners seem to get killed or dissapear every other day there.

Far more foreigners are robbed and murdered in the Phils ....Thailand they die from traffic accidents on motor bikes ...

• Like 2