Australian shot dead at Olongapo Beach Resort

the boss

well i own one of the 300 million guns and it was not mine...gun violence is almost a non event compared to drunk driver death ,, and death by lung cancers two very easy numbers to stop /// i read that last year alone 400,000 died due to cancers and lung problems caused by ??????    as to drunk drivers well only about 30,000 died there and guns well i think it was 8,000 so if you want to save the world i suggest you focus on getting rid of the drinking and smoking 

No one is trying to save the world.

Smoking ciggys is legal.

Shooting people isn't.

Apples and ornges.

By the way it is illegal to drink and drive.

so why ban driving? If your not drinking.

Just like why ban guns?

Unless your drinking and shooting people?

Some people don't need guns.

A lot of them in the news lately,

• Like 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• udonthani

• Dolsos

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here .    Of course if what is

None of us KNOWS why he was killed.   We dont even know the precise details of his business, how he was looked upon by fellow workers and employees, or anything about his personal life.     In th

nothing excuses bloody murder. But you see it on Asian internet forums all the time when foreigners are victims - not just the Filipino ones. There is always a rush, to blame the victim. The posters w

smokey

Smoky, you really don't stop to think things through do you.

You have drunk drivers because the government needs the tax from booze.

You have lung cancer because the government needs the tax from cigarettes.

But you have guns because it's too late for the government to change, so forget it.

And for what it's worth, seems to me it might be the carrying of guns is where the USA has a problem.

KonGC

no i see everyone want to prevent gun death so get rid of all guns... i see the thought process in that i am just saying stop selling cigs. and booze and you can save times 50 the number of people  killed by guns if that is the real reason everyone wants guns to vanish to save lives ... 

smokey

Smoking ciggys is legal.

Shooting people isn't.

Apples and ornges.

Just like why ban guns?

your funny smoking cigs is LEGAL .. well so is owning a gun ,, i dont drink so i sure dont see why people NEED drinking unless its to soften up a women so you can take advantage of her , why drink it cost a lot ,, it causes problems ,, it causes accidents and often NON drinkers get killed and it waste valuable police resources that could be solving CRIME and not babysitting drunks    /// silly really your worried MY gun will be used if not by me then by someone else to hurt someone ,, well more chance of that person getting hurt by a dunk with a 2 ton of steel ((( By the way it is illegal to drink and drive.)))   making a law is not helping ask the 30,000 people who died from drunk drivers ban guns ,, booze and cigs , everything that harms people 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
JackJohnson

But you have guns because it's too late for the government to change, so forget it.

And for what it's worth, seems to me it might be the carrying of guns is where the USA has a problem.

KonGC

KonGC

Uh....no. Concealed carry is NOT the problem in the USA, and in fact CCW has been shown to DECREASE crime, because it scares the bad guys. They have no idea who is strapped,

so they are less likely to do crime. In the cities where they've taken away the guns (Washington and Chicago) crime has SKYROCKETED.

The problem is not the decent citizen who owns a gun for protection, the problem is criminals and crazies having guns.

• Like 1
the boss

Smoking ciggys is legal.

Shooting people isn't.

Apples and ornges.

Just like why ban guns?

You keep quoting me,

but I don't think you read me posts.

I'm not trying to take your gun.

By the same token it does not bother me if someone else wants to drink or smoke.

But I do find it disturbing that there are people out there that find it necessary to go shoot random people in public places.

You seem to not find that disturbing,

keep talking as if I want to take your gun.

I'm not trying to save people from themselves ( smoking or drunk driving).

But would be nice not to have me or my family shot while going to school or shopping in the mall!

Smoking cigs is legal.

Why funny? A fact.

Owning a gun is legal for some people.

Committing homicide with said gun is not.

Edited by the boss
Brucewayne

ACCIDENTAL DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES

Source: National Safety Council.

Accident Facts, 1994-1997.

#1 Motor Vehicle Accidents

– Approximately 47,000 deaths per year

Motor vehicle accidents are the leading

cause of accidental deaths in the U.

S. each year. They include deaths

resulting from accidents involving mechanically or electr

ically powered vehicles (excluding rail vehicles) that

occur on or off the road.

Wrong Smokey, outlaw cars, drunken walking would be so much safer than and we could live long enough to enjoy our lung diseases, shooting each other and all the other things that car deaths don't permit.

smokey

You keep quoting me,

but I don't think you read me posts.

I'm not trying to take your gun.

By the same token it does not bother me if someone else wants to drink or smoke.

But I do find it disturbing that there are people out there that find it necessary to go shoot random people in public places.

You seem to not find that disturbing,

keep talking as if I want to take your gun.

I'm not trying to save people from themselves ( smoking or drunk driving).

But would be nice not to have me or my family shot while going to school or shopping in the mall!

Smoking cigs is legal.

Why funny? A fact.

Owning a gun is legal for some people.

Committing homicide with said gun is not.

i think your more likely to get run down by a drunk driver then getting shot you keep saying cigs are legal ,,, drinking is legal well outlaw them both and WE can save lots of lives 

i think your more likely to get run down by a drunk driver then getting shot you keep saying cigs are legal ,,, drinking is legal well outlaw them both and WE can save lots of lives 

do you really think the people killed by drunk drivers were guilty of getting in the way of a drunk driver ...if laws need to be changed to save lives lets start with the ones that save the MOST lives and work our way down 

smokey

ACCIDENTAL DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES
Source: National Safety Council.
Accident Facts, 1994-1997.

#1 Motor Vehicle Accidents
– Approximately 47,000 deaths per year

Motor vehicle accidents are the leading
cause of accidental deaths in the U.
S. each year. They include deaths
resulting from accidents involving mechanically or electr
ically powered vehicles (excluding rail vehicles) that
occur on or off the road.

Wrong Smokey, outlaw cars, drunken walking would be so much safer than and we could live long enough to enjoy our lung diseases, shooting each other and all the other things that car deaths don't permit.

if you want to take all the guns from people tell the truth your scared of guns.. dont try to say its to save anyone because if that was true you would be screaming to outlaw drinking and cigs.. 

Edited by smokey
Brucewayne

if you want to take all the guns from people tell the truth your scared of guns.. dont try to say its to save anyone because if that was true you would be screaming to outlaw drinking and cigs.. 

You didn't read very carefully, I said outlaw cars, not guns?

• 2 weeks later...
BlueFin

From a recent posting from another board:

> I had a chat to the owner of the Blue Rock Resort who I knew in passing from years ago about the Aussie that was killed in the restaurant there a few weeks ago. 

> He explained to me that the guy had a wife and 3 girlfriends on the run at the same time and it seems someone’s brother had had enough, just walked up to him and shot him in the back of the head

I guess you'd have to say this is gossip but's it's the only real stuff I've heard. The owner doesn't seem shy to have a chat.

samatm

From a recent posting from another board:

> I had a chat to the owner of the Blue Rock Resort who I knew in passing from years ago about the Aussie that was killed in the restaurant there a few weeks ago. 

> He explained to me that the guy had a wife and 3 girlfriends on the run at the same time and it seems someone’s brother had had enough, just walked up to him and shot him in the back of the head

I guess you'd have to say this is gossip but's it's the only real stuff I've heard. The owner doesn't seem shy to have a chat.

Seems odd that the owner is sooo chatty about his  GM that was murdered in front of him .    

smokey

Seems odd that the owner is sooo chatty about his  GM that was murdered in front of him .    

well they were friends ??????????????

Bill H

no i see everyone want to prevent gun death so get rid of all guns... i see the thought process in that i am just saying stop selling cigs. and booze and you can save times 50 the number of people killed by guns if that is the real reason everyone wants guns to vanish to save lives ...

Well, you see we tried that already.  It was called Prohibition and it turned out to actually increase the consumption of alcohol, but worse, it was responsible for a huge increase in the power and influence of organized crime!  You can't legislate morality.  People will do what the want to do regardless of what the law says.  Look at the "war on drugs" as a prime example.

If you make gun ownership illegal criminals will still have read access to guns, but law abiding citizens will be made into criminals.  Like the war on drugs, the war on guns is doomed to fail.  If you really want to make people safer, remove the laws restricting gun ownership and access.  That is the one action that has been proven countless times to reduce crime.

Alan S

Lots of off topic posts, so thread closed.

• Like 1