Australian shot dead at Olongapo Beach Resort

For Real

POLICE in the Philippines have confirmed that an Australian man was shot dead last night at a holiday resort near the capital of Manila.
Paul Dean Davy, 52, general manager at the Blue Rock Beach Resort in Olangapo, on Baloy Long Beach, was shot once in the back of the head with a .45 gun, police said.
Senior officer Tyrone Tecson, of Olongapo police, said a witness told police that Mr Davy had been talking to another Australian man at the Blue Rock Beachfront Restaurant when he was approached from behind.

''Last night, around 7pm, he was shot by an unidentified assailant inside the Blue Rock Resort, the one he was managing,'' he said.
Advertisement
The man was taken to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital where he later died.
''He was just approached from behind while Paul Davy was talking to a fellow Australian.
''It was in the middle portion of the Blue Rock restaurant, in the customer-receiving area.
''When we arrived, still there were lots of customers.''
Officer Tecson indicated that Mr Davy knew his attacker.
''It's an isolated case,'' he said.
The shooter was described as a man of Filipino appearance aged 30-35 who was wearing clear prescription glasses and a blue cap.
An employee at Blue Rock Resort was unable to comment.
Police are in the process of preparing a report for the Australian Embassy at the time of writing.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/australian-man-shot-dead-at-holiday-resort-20130406-2hdiy.html#ixzz2PfIEhUUq

Edited by Paul
increased font size
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Dolsos

• udonthani

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that the average guy in a commited relationship with only one woman that he did not pick up originally via a bar fine very rarely has anything to worry about here .    Of course if what is

None of us KNOWS why he was killed.   We dont even know the precise details of his business, how he was looked upon by fellow workers and employees, or anything about his personal life.     In th

nothing excuses bloody murder. But you see it on Asian internet forums all the time when foreigners are victims - not just the Filipino ones. There is always a rush, to blame the victim. The posters w

mactanfamily

Is it already that time of the month again?

Shot in the back of the head... one goes thru life just to get shot in the back of the head while talking to a friend.

I wonder how the murderer got out of the resort? The security guard was probably sleeping or what

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

What a shame. Ive been there several times and chatted with that bloke that runs the place. As already mentioned, the guard was apparently absolutely useless.

What a shame. Ive been there several times and chatted with that bloke that runs the place. As already mentioned, the guard was apparently absolutely useless.

What kind of a guy was he?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

What kind of a guy was he?

A tall one.

udonthani

A tall one.

somebody had better let the undertaker know.

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

UHUHUHUH again another one what the problem with PINOY my god we are not welcome here i am more vigilant now never ever argue,jut smile never have a conflict with a PINOY cause with they false smile bang you gone what a pity hope we found more about the victim ,sure somenthing very fishy again.

anywhere my condonleance too the family.

• Like 1

of course there will be no arrest if it was a Filipino shooter

this is just a REGULAR reminder that you never argue or piss any locals off over there, even if you are a  John Wayne hero guy you will be shot from behind so you never win....

bad Pinoy men are realizing they have a free license to shoot foreigners there after so many murders and not any arrests that I know of. 500 pesos is all it takes ....

Edited by jme
  • Like 2
For Real

UHUHUHUH again another one what the problem with PINOY my god we are not welcome here i am more vigilant now never ever argue,jut smile never have a conflict with a PINOY cause with they false smile bang you gone what a pity hope we found more about the victim ,sure somenthing very fishy again.

anywhere my condonleance too the family.

I no longer think is a Kano discrimination thing Ellen, more like we are treated as fellow countrymen now

quit_yume

once again..  its open season on kanos there. such a damn shame.. 

tokyoman

Officer Tecson indicated that Mr Davy knew his attacker.

A disgruntled employee?

The biggest reason why I would never do business in the PI

Not only are you up against corruption and jealous competitors but dismissing a Pinoy could get you murdered

If you run a business here do not do it to make money - treat it as a hobby

R.I.P my fellow Aussie

• Like 1
throttleplate

my American friend here in Iloilo lives in a gated subdivision,my friend walks every morning at 4am and when he walks by the guards guarding the front entrance gate he walks quietly as to not awake them from their sleep,also the guards guns are holstered which he says he could easily take the gun from the holster and probably not even awaken them.

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

my American friend here in Iloilo lives in a gated subdivision,my friend walks every morning at 4am and when he walks by the guards guarding the front entrance gate he walks quietly as to not awake them from their sleep,also the guards guns are holstered which he says he could easily take the gun from the holster and probably not even awaken them.

same here walk at 5 am the guard still a sleep could grab hes gun also i have too wake him up too open the gate hahaha so funny he always say oh sorry sir?????what a joke?