Land prices per sq meter

Skywalker

Fabulous house - camp as pink paper, but you need a fecking helicopter to get up to it!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stone

• Brucewayne

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, you can find large tracts of agricultural land where I live for under 10 pesos a square meter.   If I was gonna build a decent house again there's no way I would opt for a lot that had neighbor

i cant believe you think them 40 sq meter cement places on 40 sq meter lots are nice homes to live in

Dolsos

We went up to Bogo a bit ago, saw some land there 50-80p per sqm but no road access and you'd have to bring in your own utilities so not sure how much of a bargain it'd be.  Was a very pretty area though.

smokey

Fabulous house - camp as pink paper, but you need a fecking helicopter to get up to it!

now that is an idea do you think i can put a pad on the roof? OR do i have to land in the street like the common folk ..i hope none of the members is as stupid as i was to build that size house now that its just me and the wife and one daughter is a bit odd

We went up to Bogo a bit ago, saw some land there 50-80p per sqm but no road access and you'd have to bring in your own utilities so not sure how much of a bargain it'd be.  Was a very pretty area though.

kind of like Gilligan island with out the water 

Mandingo

We bought a 800 sq. meter lot in Ormoc, outside the city, for 900 php per sq. meter. Good area and only a few neighbors/lot owners in the area. When we were shopping for property we saw land that they were asking too much for even before they knew it was for my wife, after they found out she was "rich" the price always went up. The person we ended up buying from a very wealthy Filipino who gave us a fair deal.

My wife also bought 3 hectares up in the mountains (sugarcane, banana, hardwood and coconut trees) for about 10 php per sq  meter a couple years ago although no title on that property only taxes paid. She logged some of the hardwood and has her family growing sugarcane on the rest of it, should be paid off in a couple years so even no title it was worth it to her.

Edited by Mandingo
  • Like 2
tomaw

1ST ... VISTA SUBDIVISION HAS LOTS FOR AS LOW AS 5,000 A SQ METER JUST NOT OCEAN VIEW

2ND.... ONE HECTOR IS 2 1/2 ACRES

3RD.... LAND AND HOUSES ARE IN MANY PLACES IN THE USA CHEAPER THEN THE PHILIPPINES , PEOPLE WHO MOVE THERE OFTEN DO IT FOR A WIFE MORE THEN TO SAVE MONEY

4TH.... IF YOU BUY LAND WITHOUT A CLEAR TITLE SOME COULD TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU

5TH... WHEN THE NEW MALL IS DONE ON THE SOUTH END OF CEBU PRICES WILL GO UP

.............. I'm sure Smokey knows what he's talking about since he has a house in both Cebu and Arizona. However, just to say there are cheap places in either U.S. or R.P. is way too general. In Crown Heights Subdivision in Compostela you can get a lot for 4,400 pesos per sq.m. Some (if still available) have an ocean view. Edited by tomaw
tomaw

would i pay ??? we have all the land we need to buy at the present time and Bruce i am not now or ever have been a farmer or have any need to farm and anything outside of cebu is to me the province ,,, i prefer to live in a city with at least 2,000,000 people

......... I agree. I don't plan on being a farmer either. Aa a realor I learned that raw land is probably the most complex real estate deals there is. Just putting in or just getting access to utilities can be complicated and expensive in The U.S. or The Philippines. Also a lot in a subdivision from a major developer is less likely to have problems wih the title. A subdivision also has secuity and amenities, well woth the association fee I think. Edited by tomaw
  • Like 1
smokey

.............. I'm sure Smokey knows what he's talking about since he has a house in both Cebu and Arizona. However, just to say there are cheap places in either U.S. or R.P. is way too general. In Crown Heights Subdivision in Compostela you can get a lot for 4,400 pesos per sq.m. Some (if still available) have an ocean view.

Well lets say in a way you can understand .... Cebu is Hollywood and compostela is riverside 

• Like 2
Skywalker

Also a lot in a subdivision from a major developer is less likely to have problems wih the title.

I think that is probably the safe option.  The bigger the Company the more it stands to lose in both money and (more importantly) reputation.

That's why I chose Ayala Land for my condo purchase.  Huge Company (Ayala also owns Bank of the Philippine Islands BPI) with a reputation.

Edited by Skywalker
goldote

Man, you can find large tracts of agricultural land where I live for under 10 pesos a square meter.

If I was gonna build a decent house again there's no way I would opt for a lot that had neighbors within hearing or viewing distance.

Some of us need a lot more space than others.

Each to their own.

I agree, isolation lowers the 'price' of the property.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

I know of 8-10 hectares titled for P200,000 about 2 hours or less away from Cebu City.

Nothing there but farmland though.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry but i've never seen a house for sale for 700,000 or 800,000 pesos in the USA. Maybe Cebu City (centre of the city) might be a bit expensive to buy, places like Talisay, Naga and Carcar should be way cheaper than the USA.

Like the US and other countries, the cost of land and housing is dependent on where  you live...a house in a nice

district of Seattle or Tampa or Chengdu, is far costlier than the same size lot in eastern Washington or less populated areas of Kansas or Arkansas or Mongolia.  I imagine there are places in the US where you could get a nice little

place for  US$ 20k ( p800k) but not near a city.  Seems to be the same here...even some of

the more rundown looking properties in Cebu city are as expensive as those in cities in the US. 

If you go into the provinces, you'll find much better prices for land.  If you stay in a sub division near Cebu, you gain some sense of security...access to medical care, etc...All depends what you want, what you want to spend...etc

• Like 1