Land prices per sq meter

BossHog

Man, you can find large tracts of agricultural land where I live for under 10 pesos a square meter.

If I was gonna build a decent house again there's no way I would opt for a lot that had neighbors within hearing or viewing distance.

Some of us need a lot more space than others.

Each to their own.

• Like 5
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stone

• Brucewayne

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, you can find large tracts of agricultural land where I live for under 10 pesos a square meter.   If I was gonna build a decent house again there's no way I would opt for a lot that had neighbor

i cant believe you think them 40 sq meter cement places on 40 sq meter lots are nice homes to live in

I've looked at alot of land, haven't seen any suitable for building a house at 50-100 peso/m^2 and that includes Mandaue to Carmen where we've been looking.  I guess these 100 peso/meter lots disappear fast...

If I found a 200-500m^2 lot at 100/per I'd pounce on it.

as long as its along the road and has water and electric and is titled , and just what are you going to do with agricultural land farm ??

If its possible to build a house on it then, why not? What are the restrictions for building a house on agricultural land? 

If its possible to build a house on it then, why not? What are the restrictions for building a house on agricultural land? 

Even if you have to "farm" the agricultural land could probably plant some fruit tree's and say you have a fruit farm...  then just let your neighbors come in once in a while and pick the fruit, make alot of loyal neighbors that way.

I've looked at alot of land, haven't seen any suitable for building a house at 50-100 peso/m^2 and that includes Mandaue to Carmen where we've been looking.  I guess these 100 peso/meter lots disappear fast...

Thats 20 000 to 50 000 p for the lot ?  I wouln't count on that IN Cebu city , but if you can find it in Cebu and if it may be build on then that would be fantastic. The price of a designer handbag.

smokey

Colorado Land For Sale 500 dollars an acre so that would be 49,200 peso per hector so that is less then 5 peso a sq meter ... and its in the province

Even if you have to "farm" the agricultural land could probably plant some fruit tree's and say you have a fruit farm...  then just let your neighbors come in once in a while and pick the fruit, make alot of loyal neighbors that way.

Exactly... i'd see it as a hobby and i'm sure it could create some part time jobs for the local community if done right.

smokey

well of course you can do anything you want ,, first get clear title.... second get a permit... no permit no electric
BossHog

Coco land can be grat value and an excellent investment, though the price of copra fluctuates wildly at times.

We earned back what we paid for our land in four short years just by harvesting coconuts.

• Like 2
smokey

have you ever had a farm? what do you think you just throw a few seeds and whalla fruit trees spring up ready to feed the world...

have you ever had a farm? what do you think you just throw a few seeds and whalla fruit trees spring up ready to feed the world...

Did I say he'd feed the world?  I said to look like a farm if its a necessity to buy/use agricultural land.

Fruit tree's aren't exactly the most difficult thing to grow, every house I've ever lived in has had at least a few fruit tree/bushes, minimal upkeep to keep them fruiting yearly.

I grew up on 200 acres in Vermont, our only neighbors were a dairy farm and I spent many an afternoon on the farm doing chores for a few bucks to buy junk food with.

It takes some time but it's definitely possible, theres always some people around in the provinces looking for a job.

Brucewayne

Not sure of the prices there, but you need to find an area and send a Filipino family member to check at local Sari-Sari stores for you.

Once again, the best prices are almost never advertised.

Brucewayne

Just let one or more of the neighbors deal with the trees and let them have the harvest.

No work for you if you make them keep the fallen fruit picked up in exchange for "farming" your land.

Sounds like a workable plan to me.

Are you married to a filipina? If not, do not even dream about buying land in a GF's name. The outcome will not be good for you. Even if you are married invest only what you can afford to walk away from.

Unless you then lease it back to yourself on a 30 year lease (with an option to extend if you are young enough or an agreement to pass ownership to your filipino offspring at the age of 18)