Land prices per sq meter

redman69

I have been looking at houses and lots in the south area. Talisay south to ocana near carcar.

Vista propertys is 9,500 peso a sq meter.

Farm land in ocana on a road is 1,500 peso a sq meter.

I have looked at several calculators and at these prices. [ I am from the states ] It appears 1 acrea of farm land will cost 5 million peso, it takes 2.3 Hecters to make 1 acrea.

I am calculating that 1 acrea of farm land in ocana list on facebook as being in bonbon ocana, carcar cost 125.000.00 dollars.  Or a 400 sq meter lot is like 600 peso, I just do not understand how this is true. I mean I can buy land in West Virginia, closer to DC than ocana is to cebu. For 15 to 20,000.00 per acrea all day long. Am I doing something wrong in my figuring?

From what I have read there is not one single sewage treatment plant in Cebu. that the ground water is full of bateria, and saline levels are high. And it appears that when I pee in the Crown Regency and flush it dumps into a creek or river. there is a water district in cebu. But done south they are all private. So this lot does not have sewer or good well water and no one seems to even know what a septic field is or can tell you if the ground perks. they do not even know why to ask the question.

This being all true why would 1 acrea cost 125,000.00 dollars. I honestly want to understand. I will addmit I now know why Camella homes sales townhomes, 45 sq meter lot and 50 sq meter floor space. Those deals always confused me. But from what it seems you can build a Pinoy style home 3 bedroom 2 bath for half the price of land. No a/c no hot water kind of place. With out house and well water for bath and flushing tolets only. 

I am trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong,  If not how can farm land or a lot in vista cost this kind of money. What politics is played to make it impossible for people to own land because of price? If I am seeing it right I now have an idea why most pinoys live in houses they build as sqauters, and why they get as squatters, water in cebu, power run to house and even cable tv. Where no one owns it and they pay some person minimum rent who they know does not have clear title but it is somehow connect to their family even though the government says it owns the land. Yea, Yea it is third world. I saw Usmc talking about relocating. started to look at his area in vista, But have been involved with this situation with two girls who want to help Mom, And I am willing to help mom. but we all have heard do not make it to expensive or someone will take it from them.  I would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.  Thanks in advance  RED

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Stone

• Brucewayne

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, you can find large tracts of agricultural land where I live for under 10 pesos a square meter.   If I was gonna build a decent house again there's no way I would opt for a lot that had neighbor

i cant believe you think them 40 sq meter cement places on 40 sq meter lots are nice homes to live in

redman69

I meant 2.3 acreas to make 1 hectar. and here is another mistake. 400 sq meter lot is 600,000 peso,  that is farm land lot,

smokey

I have been looking at houses and lots in the south area. Talisay south to ocana near carcar.

I have looked at several calculators and at these prices. [ I am from the states ] It appears 1 acrea of farm land will cost 5 million peso, it takes 2.3 Hecters to make 1 acrea.

I am calculating that 1 acrea of farm land in ocana list on facebook as being in bonbon ocana, carcar cost 125.000.00 dollars.  Or a 400 sq meter lot is like 600 peso, I just do not understand how this is true. I mean I can buy land in West Virginia, closer to DC than ocana is to cebu. For 15 to 20,000.00 per acrea all day long. Am I doing something wrong in my figuring?

From what I have read there is not one single sewage treatment plant in Cebu. that the ground water is full of bateria, and saline levels are high. And it appears that when I pee in the Crown Regency and flush it dumps into a creek or river. there is a water district in cebu. But done south they are all private. So this lot does not have sewer or good well water and no one seems to even know what a septic field is or can tell you if the ground perks. they do not even know why to ask the question.

This being all true why would 1 acrea cost 125,000.00 dollars. I honestly want to understand. I will addmit I now know why Camella homes sales townhomes, 45 sq meter lot and 50 sq meter floor space. Those deals always confused me. But from what it seems you can build a Pinoy style home 3 bedroom 2 bath for half the price of land. No a/c no hot water kind of place. With out house and well water for bath and flushing tolets only. 

I am trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong,  If not how can farm land or a lot in vista cost this kind of money. What politics is played to make it impossible for people to own land because of price? If I am seeing it right I now have an idea why most pinoys live in houses they build as sqauters, and why they get as squatters, water in cebu, power run to house and even cable tv. Where no one owns it and they pay some person minimum rent who they know does not have clear title but it is somehow connect to their family even though the government says it owns the land. Yea, Yea it is third world. I saw Usmc talking about relocating. started to look at his area in vista, But have been involved with this situation with two girls who want to help Mom, And I am willing to help mom. but we all have heard do not make it to expensive or someone will take it from them.  I would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.  Thanks in advance  RED

1ST ... VISTA SUBDIVISION HAS LOTS FOR AS LOW AS 5,000 A SQ METER JUST NOT OCEAN VIEW

2ND.... ONE HECTOR IS 2 1/2 ACRES

3RD.... LAND AND HOUSES ARE IN MANY PLACES IN THE USA CHEAPER THEN THE PHILIPPINES , PEOPLE WHO MOVE THERE OFTEN DO IT FOR A WIFE MORE THEN TO SAVE MONEY

4TH.... IF YOU BUY LAND WITHOUT A CLEAR TITLE SOME COULD TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU

5TH... WHEN THE NEW MALL IS DONE ON THE SOUTH END OF CEBU PRICES WILL GO UP

redman69

Thanks smokey for the corrections but I am getting the gist of the situation correct. It really does seem hard to believe that land could cost that much. And explains so many squatter areas. Mom now is a squater, has two room house, and son has built house on side. has power, and only pays 300 peso a month rent. And son has his own meter and pays 200 peso, But there is no clear title to land. Have been told 2000peso a sq meter, and we would have to pay all fees for a clear title. And when looking on Wikimapia, you see there is a road layed out to come right where road is laid out.

Thanks again

Sorry but i've never seen a house for sale for 700,000 or 800,000 pesos in the USA. Maybe Cebu City (centre of the city) might be a bit expensive to buy, places like Talisay, Naga and Carcar should be way cheaper than the USA.

smokey

Thanks smokey for the corrections but I am getting the gist of the situation correct. It really does seem hard to believe that land could cost that much. And explains so many squatter areas. Mom now is a squater, has two room house, and son has built house on side. has power, and only pays 300 peso a month rent. And son has his own meter and pays 200 peso, But there is no clear title to land. Have been told 2000peso a sq meter, and we would have to pay all fees for a clear title. And when looking on Wikimapia, you see there is a road layed out to come right where road is laid out.

Thanks again

Getting clear title is very hard as it seems after marcos things changed old titles were throw out new ones granted lots of changes.. the system is so full of paper work problems its very hard unless your a well connected land developer ... many subdivisions get titles because they know the system but the small guys are at the mercy of the officials to help them secure title , roads are planned sometimes for 20 plus years
smokey

Sorry but i've never seen a house for sale for 700,000 or 800,000 pesos in the USA. Maybe Cebu City (centre of the city) might be a bit expensive to buy, places like Talisay, Naga and Carcar should be way cheaper than the USA.

show me what you get for 700,000 thousand peso ??? a 350 sq foot house? apples to apples ...
Buko Beach

Red,

Are you married to a filipina? If not, do not even dream about buying land in a GF's name. The outcome will not be good for you. Even if you are married invest only what you can afford to walk away from.

The prices are the prices. Pay up or rent. Simple. Complaining about Cebu prices vs. the prices back home is useless. You're not in Kansas anymore !!

Complaining will not make the prices go down, infact alot of subdivisions increase price per m2 bi-annually, even if no one has bought a lot in that subdivision in years  !!

It is what it is.

Buko Beach

Stone,

Why do you always shoot first and defend yourself later ?? 

There are a million and one homes for sale in the USA for free or next to nothing. Most require the property tax bill to be paid and the house is yours. Heck half of Detroit has homes that city hall will give away for FREE if someone will sign a declaration that they will fix them up and live in them.

Plenty of 700 000php houses in the USA, think single-wide. Not bashing the USA in any way, just pointing things out.

Excuse the OT reply.

show me what you get for 700,000 thousand peso ??? a 350 sq foot house? apples to apples ...

The Philippines is FULL of homes worth less than 1 million pesos especially in the provinces, which represents the majority of the country. Not 350 sq foot but atleast double than that, and concrete.

Oh and yes, theres some wooden shack bungalow style homes for sale in the USA for around that price, but with almost no land and if I would pee a bit too far i'd be peeing in the neighbors kitchen sink.

Edited by Stone
redman69

thanks guys. And yea they are giving them away all over the US for back taxes and a promise to fix it and live in it.

I also know about what I can afford to loose. I am engaged and have filled the I 129F and as they say there is no fool like an old fool. So I know, Married my first pina in 1991. This I pray is the secound and last. And I said I do. we are only playing government games. I hope I am a man of my word. I was engaged one other time and she ran.

I just find it crazy that a chunk of rice paddy out in the middle of nowhere cost this kind of money. I am not rich. I know it is a gift to Ma, I am going in knowing Ma, it part of the deal. As said I have done this before. And my parents both support their Ma's and My dad supported his secound wifes mother also. Real nice lady from Italy.

Need to know this so I can make wise decissions on how to take care of my 2nd Ma. I am proud to do it.  And thank Jesus I am in a situation to do it.

But it will not get done till Hazel is here. Pre nup is signed, marriage is done and property is bought in Mrs Millers name my wife. Guys thanks for the help. Having been married to a pina, Hussled by many sister inlaws and lots of nieces I got experince. But I got some X brother inlaws that would meet me at the airport and go over the mountain with me today. And a x mother in law who is the lola of my children who has never asked me for anything. And a father inlaw who died. but always made me Welcome at his table and told his oldest I was his son. Oldest knew except it or get out. His kid have stayed at my house in US. So, just so you guys know I am aware and hope to stay there off and on for the rest of my life. and thanks again for the help.  RED

Just keep looking... some ask ridicilous prices, but the real value of the land is probably less.

Davaoeno

What politics is played to make it impossible for people to own land because of price?

I'm not sure but maybe you could ask the people on 5th ave  in Manhattan !!

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

if I would pee a bit too far i'd be peeing in the neighbors kitchen sink.

there you go bragging again !!   Do you actually expect anyone to believe this post ??

• Like 1
DogHasItsDay

In 3 weeks, Ive come to realise that there are some peoples postings that you just downright ignore, they are mostly based on assumptions and half truths at best, pure thumb sucking more like it. also sorry to the OP for the OT