Exit Clearance Question

newtocebu

Apologies if this has been discussed before –

My partner was told that you have to wait a minimum of one week before departing the country after obtaining an exit clearance. Is this correct ?

( foreign passport holder, on extended tourist visa’s [ effectively ] – its actually my son, born in the Philippines, departing on an Australian passport )

Thanks in advance..

Woolf

Was told by who?

I have never read or heard about like that

as far as I know if you have the ECC in your hand it should be fine

Headshot

If your son also has a Philippine passport, he can leave the Philippines on that and enter Australia using his Aussie passport.

newtocebu

If your son also has a Philippine passport, he can leave the Philippines on that and enter Australia using his Aussie passport.

As strange as it sounds, it works out cheaper departing on his Aussie passport ( he doesnt have a Philippine passport )

We were told by staff at Immigration that we should bring his Birth Certificate along when processing the Exit Clearance ( he was born in Cebu, and a Fil / Aus dual citizen ).

As a citizen of the Philippines, he does not have to pay extension fees for a tourist visa.

As an Australian citizen ( and departing on his Aussie passport ), he does not have to pay the Philippine travel tax upon departure.

BTW - I didnt do this deliberately to save a few peso's !!

RetiredNavyGuy

On March 25th, I got my exit clearance certificate from BI Mandaue in the morning and flew out of the Philippines at 2000 the same day, and BI knew about it since I had to list my departing flight information on the application.

easy44

I think they want you to get an Exit Clearance Certificate no more than a week before you leave the Philippines.  I don't think the timetable is written in stone, but approximate.  I think she got it backwards.

Headshot

As strange as it sounds, it works out cheaper departing on his Aussie passport ( he doesnt have a Philippine passport )

We were told by staff at Immigration that we should bring his Birth Certificate along when processing the Exit Clearance ( he was born in Cebu, and a Fil / Aus dual citizen ).

As a citizen of the Philippines, he does not have to pay extension fees for a tourist visa.

As an Australian citizen ( and departing on his Aussie passport ), he does not have to pay the Philippine travel tax upon departure.

BTW - I didnt do this deliberately to save a few peso's !!

That is good to know. Thanks.