Foreigner Registration with PNP?

Nangulo

If it was part of visa conditions, BI would have requested it when you got your residence permit...or if it´s new law, they will ask for it when you pay your yearly renewal

That would depend on your visa status.  I've been here more than 4 years and have never set foot in a BI office.  They don't know who I am, and I'm perfectly legal.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raven

• BossHog

• Nangulo

• DogHasItsDay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is in case you NEED a line of credit when the kidnappers decide how much money to ask for you.  That info will help with their decision.  Did you contact your embassy to see if they advise releas

They will start building the internment camps next Spring.

You could be right. Though when he came to pick up the form today (at 5:30 am!) he didn't ask any questions about visa status and didn't want to see my passport, though I did write my PP# number down

Posted Images

That would depend on your visa status.  I've been here more than 4 years and have never set foot in a BI office.  They don't know who I am, and I'm perfectly legal.

the BI does not know you and you are here more than 4 years  ?   

with or without a break  ?

Headshot

That works with an SRRV.

the BI does not know you and you are here more than 4 years ?

with or without a break ?

SRRV's are handled by PRA...not BI.

Edited by Headshot

Okay, I thought all resident foreigners should have an ACR Card and be registered at BI.

smokey

I don't know why anybody would get the idea that is so unusual for foreigners to have to register with the police. In lots of places, you have to register with the police as part of your visa conditions. If you are in the UK and  from Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China (inc. Hong Kong  & Macao), Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Yemen, you have to download a foreign national registration form off the internet and take it to a police station within seven days of arriving in the UK. They also charge you £34 - 2,100 pesos - for the privilege.

well the Philippines will let most in the country they like to charge when you try to leave ... 5,000 peso 

CardiacKid

well the Philippines will let most in the country they like to charge when you try to leave ... 5,000 peso 

Unless you are a Balikbayan. We only pay the 550 peso terminal tax when we leave the country. 

Nangulo

SRRV is exempt from ACR card and exempt from ECC.  You only pay travel tax if you've been in-country for more than a year.  Renewal is annually which can also be done in 3-year increments and you don't go to the BI to do that.

Edited by Nangulo
passingby

The SRRV is a good deal in that you do not need to go to BI and other things as well as they will help in getting drivers licence, and any other items neede such as NBI or what ever.  AND I feel the less the government knows about you and your location(s) the better off you are.

The SRRV is a good deal in that you do not need to go to BI and other things as well as they will help in getting drivers licence, and any other items neede such as NBI or what ever.  AND I feel the less the government knows about you and your location(s) the better off you are.

The bad part, is that quite a lot of money needed for SRRV!

Check this out...http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Annual PRA Fee 360$ and a 13G Visa at BI cost P300 a year..

lazydays

BI got that information if you are permanent resident...tell him to go there. I would NOT tell him anything

No BI office on the Island.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Rodwell kidnap at all. He was kidnapped around 18 months ago in Zambo which is a hell of long way from Eastern Mindanao..

I think it's more to do with the clampdown on overstayers, fake visas, undesirables etc. :twocents:

BossHog

I don't think this has anything to do with the Rodwell kidnap at all. He was kidnapped around 18 months ago in Zambo which is a hell of long way from Eastern Mindanao.. I think it's more to do with the clampdown on overstayers, fake visas, undesirables etc.

You could be right. Though when he came to pick up the form today (at 5:30 am!) he didn't ask any questions about visa status and didn't want to see my passport, though I did write my PP# number down on the form.

I left the form about three-quarters blank and he didn't seem bothered.

My impression was that this had no connection whatsoever to immigration.

I'm the only foreigner in my town and the PNP has been consistently professional, helpful, and protective of me, my family, and my business. (they're also some of my best customers)

I was hardly going to tell them to shove off when all they wanted was my name, age, nationality, and passport number as required by their supervisors on the mainland. He even seemed a bit shy about collecting the data.

• Like 5

No BI office on the Island.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Rodwell kidnap at all. He was kidnapped around 18 months ago in Zambo which is a hell of long way from Eastern Mindanao..

I think it's more to do with the clampdown on overstayers, fake visas, undesirables etc. :twocents:

Surigao is maybe the closest office...

You could be right. Though when he came to pick up the form today (at 5:30 am!) he didn't ask any questions about visa status and didn't want to see my passport, though I did write my PP# number down on the form.

I left the form about three-quarters blank and he didn't seem bothered.

My impression was that this had no connection whatsoever to immigration.

I'm the only foreigner in my town and the PNP has been consistently professional, helpful, and protective of me, my family, and my business. (they're also some of my best customers)

I was hardly going to tell them to shove off when all they wanted was my name, age, nationality, and passport number as required by their supervisors on the mainland. He even seemed a bit shy about collecting the data.

Maybe its no big deal...still nice that everyone share the experiences here...thanks.. :thumbs_up:

passingby

Annual PRA Fee 360$ and a 13G Visa at BI cost P300 a year - as was said above and very correct!  but DID YOU figure out the "hidded" costs of getting married and all the money it MAY cost for your relatives?  Bet you pay a LOT more in these fees/ :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
DogHasItsDay

well the Philippines will let most in the country they like to charge when you try to leave ... 5,000 peso

Including if you are on a 13a? ( excuse the ignorance)