Foreigner Registration with PNP?

BossHog

One of the municipal policeman stopped by this morning and informed me they're under the directive of the regional police to "register the bio-data" of foreigners residing in the whole Caraga region whether on a temporary or permanent basis. Probably doesn't apply to the Visayas and is a Mindanao thing.

He didn't have the form with him but will stop by with it later today.

I'd never heard of this before and digging deeper found out that it's in response to the kidnapped Australian's recent release.

Nothing fishy about it. I've known this cop for years and he's a beer buddy. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same request.

Will post more if/when they bring by the form.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raven

• BossHog

• Nangulo

• passingby

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is in case you NEED a line of credit when the kidnappers decide how much money to ask for you.  That info will help with their decision.  Did you contact your embassy to see if they advise releas

They will start building the internment camps next Spring.

You could be right. Though when he came to pick up the form today (at 5:30 am!) he didn't ask any questions about visa status and didn't want to see my passport, though I did write my PP# number down

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Several years ago they did the same thing on Siquijor. They said it was all for reasons in case of emergency / death etc. Who should they notify blah blah blah.

lazydays

Seems like a reasonable request, especially with the madness of elections coming up.

• Like 1

One of the municipal policeman stopped by this morning and informed me they're under the directive of the regional police to "register the bio-data" of foreigners residing in the whole Caraga region whether on a temporary or permanent basis. Probably doesn't apply to the Visayas and is a Mindanao thing.

He didn't have the form with him but will stop by with it later today.

I'd never heard of this before and digging deeper found out that it's in response to the kidnapped Australian's recent release.

Nothing fishy about it. I've known this cop for years and he's a beer buddy. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same request.

Will post more if/when they bring by the form.

BI got that information if you are permanent resident...tell him to go there. I would NOT tell him anything

BossHog

Well, he came back with the form.

Enough information requested on there to secure a line of credit!

Elementary schooling, mother's maiden name. Complete employment record. Languages spoken, Children's names and dob. Character references. weight, religion, etc.

Think I'll fill in the bare minimum and see if I can get away with it.

Skywalker

• Like 5
A_Simple_Man

Well, he came back with the form.   Enough information requested on there to secure a line of credit!

That is in case you NEED a line of credit when the kidnappers decide how much money to ask for you.  That info will help with their decision.  Did you contact your embassy to see if they advise releasing that info?

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 6
Nangulo

I'm in Surigao City (Caraga reqion).  Have not been contacted or heard of any other foreigner being contacted.  Not sure that they even know where half of us live, or that we're even here.

Did you ask what the penalty is for not filling up the form?

Paul

They did the same thing a couple / few years back in Cebu Province. Three policemen came around to my place. We started drinking San Miguel and we all forgot about it until a few days later, when I dropped by the local police station to finish up the paperwork.

Did you ask what the penalty is for not filling up the form?

$2.3 Million USD

• Like 1

They did the same thing a couple / few years back in Cebu Province. Three policemen came around to my place. We started drinking San Miguel and we all forgot about it until a few days later, when I dropped by the local police station to finish up the paperwork.

$2.3 Million USD

$2.3 Million USD - That´s the result when you offer policemen SM and not RH.. B)

udonthani

one of the things you notice about the Philippines is how lax they are at hotel check in. You can sign in as Mickey Mouse, or James Bond. In Thailand and Malaysia, it is much more difficult to do that, as almost always the hotels and guesthouses ask you to produce your passport. They are required by law to see it and they usually take a photocopy of it. Sometimes they even examine your stamps at the hotel check in. Once I handed in a second passport at a hotel in Hat Yai I was checking in at. The clerk looked at the stamps, saw that it was not the one I had just used it to enter Thailand from Malaysia, and queried it. This is just check in staff at a cheap hotel, not a cop or official. That would never happen in the Philippines. Maybe they are realising how lax they are.

shadow

They tried that here a few years ago after one idiot (who was a member of this forum) got into a big argument with the neighbors, barangay captain, and the police. Turns out he was a pedophile wanted in Nicaragua for abusing underage girls, and tried the same thing here. Anyway they came around with the form, very intensive form wanting all kinds of personal information. I put them off for a few weeks and they finally gave up and never came back for it (I never did fill it out). 

udonthani

I don't know why anybody would get the idea that is so unusual for foreigners to have to register with the police. In lots of places, you have to register with the police as part of your visa conditions. If you are in the UK and  from Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China (inc. Hong Kong  & Macao), Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Yemen, you have to download a foreign national registration form off the internet and take it to a police station within seven days of arriving in the UK. They also charge you £34 - 2,100 pesos - for the privilege.

I don't know why anybody would get the idea that is so unusual for foreigners to have to register with the police. In lots of places, you have to register with the police as part of your visa conditions. If you are in the UK and  from Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China (inc. Hong Kong  & Macao), Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Yemen, you have to download a foreign national registration form off the internet and take it to a police station within seven days of arriving in the UK. They also charge you £34 - 2,100 pesos - for the privilege.

If it was part of visa conditions, BI would have requested it when you got your residence permit...or if it´s new law, they will ask for it when you pay your yearly renewal

• Admin (Retired)
broden

too keep everyone in them safe from kidnapping