Mactan Immigration Office

miles-high

Ventured into the new annex area of Gaisano Mactan and found a new immigration office there…  :) Don’t know what services they provide as they are closed until April 5 or 6... Must be very convenient to some of you guys… They are located right by a new Dong Juan burger joint…

There was a write up here about Dong Juan 5 or 6 months ago and the double burger was good then. I went to one in Insular Square, Mandaue and it wasn’t that great now… to be fair, I also tried the same at Mactan Gaisano and Cebu City (Cuenco?) stores...

If I have to list in the order of “taste”, I would say Cebu #1, then Mactan and Mandaue the last…

BK (US) is much better though… If the burgers don’t go well with some excellent red wine, they are no good haha :D The burgers here are seasoned too sweet, too weird to match any wine except perhaps with Sangria…

:rofl:

CebuKano

Cool. It would be nice to get smashed on about four or five "Happy Drinks" and then go deal with the BI :)

Half Baked

I've always had an easy time at the BI. Must be my movie star looks and witty charm. :/

Note: this 50 posts requirement thing is harder than it looks!

Edited by Half Baked
CebuKano

Actually I've never had a problem with the BI either. Having a few Happy Drinks before going there would be nice though. I've even become friends with an agent in the Mandaue office. The Mandaue office runs a tight ship and even though no office is perfect, the Mandaue branch does just fine. At least that's been my experience so far. Good people.

• Like 1
Scruffydog

I've always had an easy time at the BI. Must be my movie star looks and witty charm. :/

Note: this 50 posts requirement thing is harder than it looks!

I aGREE

Peter C

Today in sunstar

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A SATELLITE office of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) will open in Lapu-Lapu City today to cater to the needs of foreigners residing in Mactan and Cordova town.

As part of the agency’s efforts to bring public service closer to the people, the bureau will inaugurate today its new office at the Gaisano Mactan Island Mall, with Commissioner Ricardo A. David Jr. as guest of honor.

BI Cebu District 7 Alien Control Officer Casimiro Madarang III, the project coordinator, said the bureau entered into a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with Tai-Pan Development Inc., through its president Henry S. Gaisano II.

“This is our outreach program to serve our clients within the localities where they are staying and raise efficiency and effective public service,” Madarang said.

As stated in the MOA, Gaisano Mactan Island Mall will provide the 91-square-meter office of BI for free.

The mall management renovated the space to fit the specification of the BI. It also provided the furniture and fixtures, transaction counters, office desks and chairs, four sets of desktop computers with printers and the office’s internet connection.

For its part, the BI will shoulder the cost of the air-conditioning system and other expenses, such as office maintenance.

The new satellite office will cater to foreigners based in Lapu-Lapu City and Cordova town who need to transact with the BI for their immigration requirements.

“With the satellite office, they no longer have to travel to our Cebu District VII
office in Mandaue City to file their application for visa extension and other immigration documents,” Madarang said.

The new satellite office, located at the ground floor of the Gaisano Mactan Island Mall Annex Building, is manned by a team of five BI officers and employees.

All applicants who will transact with the bureau are required to be in formal attire.

Immigration transactions will be entertained from Mondays to Saturdays, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

that might help lower the congestion at Manduae

Headshot

that might help lower the congestion at Manduae

No doubt...and there is parking at Island Mall

SkyMan

“With the satellite office, they no longer have to travel to our Cebu District VII office in Mandaue City to file

since traffic in Lapux2 makes that pretty much impossible.
Headshot

Hopefully they are also looking to open an office at the huge SM Seaside City that is being built in the SRP to serve the south and at SM Consolacion Mall to serve the north. An office in Tagbilaran, Surigao City and Dumaguete would be nice too...that is...if they are really serious about getting services closer to the people using them. Then, they can close down the Mandaue office, which is in a congested area on a small street with minimal parking.

Mactan Mark

Went to the new Immigration office in Mactan today. In and out in 5 minutes! Never going to Mandaue again

• Like 1

Went to the new Immigration office in Mactan today. In and out in 5 minutes! Never going to Mandaue again

I wonder if it is exclusively for Mactan /  Cordova residents, as it seemed to indicate in the press release?

I was intending to give it a try for my next extension. .. would have to drive past Mandaue, but could use the opportunity to visit friends there..

Mactan Mark

I wonder if it is exclusively for Mactan /  Cordova residents, as it seemed to indicate in the press release?

I was intending to give it a try for my next extension. .. would have to drive past Mandaue, but could use the opportunity to visit friends there..

Anyone can use the Mactan branch for extensions