Obtaining SRRV from PRA

mayasparrow

Hey all,

Around this time last year my bf and I were trying to get SRRV to move to the Philippines. We secured our documents here: medical check, police clearance, photos.

Due to outside circumstances, our move was delayed. We're now ready to go, but our documents are a year old. Is this going to make them invalid for use in obtaining our visas? I cannot find any kind of minimum date on the PRA website.

We had a lot of conflicting information the first time around regarding what is needed for this visa as well. I heard that we needed to get our documents in order before we left Canada, but I also heard from others that they just got on a plane, arrived in the Philippines, got picked up from the airport by the PRA and got all the documents they needed taken care of in one day in Manila.

Can anyone offer some advice from personal experience?

Davaoeno

Due to unusual circs i had to redo all my docs about 3 months after I got my first set .  .  But its only about 2000 pesos for medical/xray/nbi/photos - and was done in a half a day 

I cant think of a single doc that i needed from Canada to get my SRRV - however- check with PRA to see if you need any kind of Canadian police clearance.  I actually got a cert from the RCMP saying that i had no criminal record - but was never asked to produce it 

mayasparrow

its only about 2000 pesos for medical/xray/nbi/photos - and was done in a half a day 

Where did you get it done? In Manila? How did you find out where to go?

Police clearance etc are supposed to be current, I was just told they need to be within 30 days and stamped as real by your local embassy.

Edited by Lee
Davaoeno

I got mine done in Davao but I doubt you will have any problem getting it done because the person you go to to do it gets paid $500 usd !!!

There are several travel agencies in Davao that do it , plus the local PRA guy hustles for business [ to get the $500 himself ].   In fact i wrote Manila PRA and they send me a package so I could be a rep and get $500 a pop myself. lol

I'm sure if you surf the net a little bit you will easily find someone [ if you dont want to use the PRA office itself ]

I wd double check Lee's info since i have never heard of any embassy involvement being necessary . 

Absolutely, check the info since I got it from a bank manager that regularly deals with SRRV when I was with a friend who was inquiring what was needed to get one but as we all know things can change depending on who we talk to here. What the manager said is that if a police clearance or other parts of the process are done in ones home country (and she felt that would be best), then they must be authenticated by the local Philippine embassy in ones own country where they are done and they must be current. Always best to check with the PRA directly in case their representatives are wrong but if they are correct, then it is also better to be aware and have what you will need when you come to apply. 

• Like 1
Nangulo

I did mine in Cebu City.  All paperwork requirements were done in one day.  The only "foreign" docs I had were bank statements, and none of those needed authentication.  Got an NBI clearance in Cebu.  Didn't need anything from home  country (except money).  Got my passport and visa back in about 3 weeks.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

this seems to indicate that the info Lee provided is correct - and mine is wrong.   [ best to check tho since everything to do with the govt here  is very inconsistent ]

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/our-services/visa/visa-classifications/special-resident-retirees-visa   [ this is for Americans but i bet its the same for Canadians]

Step 4: Applicant submits the following documentary requirements to the PRA upon arrival in Manila

1. Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond authorized period of stay in the Philippines.
  2. Accomplished PRA Application Form with twelve(12) pieces of 2” x 2” photographs. (Applicants may accomplish online application at http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_form.)
  3. Medical Examination Form No. 11 accomplished by a physician, notarized by a notary public, and duly authenticated by the Consulate General.
  4. Police Clearance Certificate, notarized by a notary public and county clerk in the applicant’s legal residence, and duly authenticated by the Consulate General. The certificate must be taken not more than six (6) months prior to date of filing of visa application.
  5. Certification by a PRA-accredited bank of the required investment deposit.
  6. If the spouse is joining the applicant, original copy of Marriage Contract if the applicant's marriage was solemnized in the Philippines or original copy of Marriage Certificate duly authenticated by the Consulate General if the marriage was contracted abroad
  7. If dependents are joining the applicant, original copies of their Birth Certificates (if born abroad, birth certificates must be duly authenticated by the Consulate General)
  8. Payment of one-time fees:
    • Principal - US$1,400.00
    • Spouse/Dependent - US$300 each
    • I.D. Card Renewal - US$10.00

Step 5: If application is approved, PRA endorses an approval to Bureau of Immigration for issuance of SRRV to the applicant.

mayasparrow

I did mine in Cebu City.  All paperwork requirements were done in one day.  The only "foreign" docs I had were bank statements, and none of those needed authentication.  Got an NBI clearance in Cebu.  Didn't need anything from home  country (except money).  Got my passport and visa back in about 3 weeks.

That's very encouraging, thank you!

Can you tell me where you went to get it done?

There is a PRA office in the Crown Regency annex if you wanna get the SRRV in Cebu.  I did mine last June, but didn't use an agency as I prefer to see the process.  Somewhat of a mistake, in retrospect.  Overall it took about 1.5 months to collect everything.  2 weeks for the NBI, transferring funds, etc.  The folks at PRA give you info piecemeal, sure they have things documented, but they'd rather you spread the wealth by going through an agency...I did all the paperwork, transferred the money, paid the fee and then they told me I needed to bet a BIR number.

I got that and then they told me I had to get another extension on my tourist visa, because the current one would expire during the time they were processing my SRRV.  

About that time, I called the PRA in Manila.  They are much more helpful and managed to 're-educate' the inept Cebu people. 

But I believe it's a good program and much simpler than the process in Malaysia or Central American programs. 

Nangulo

I went to the branch manager at the Bank of Commerce, Fuente Osmena.  Her name is Mayen.  She's done lots of SRRV's.  My process was smooth, hassle-free and fast.  The only thing I paid extra for (for which Mayen apologized) was 500 pesos to go to the head of the line at the NBI office.  Everything else was by the book.  Mayen even paid all my taxi fares within the city going to/from NBI and medical exam.

Send me a PM and I'll forward her email address to you, if you'd like to get in touch with her in advance.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I went to the branch manager at the Bank of Commerce, Fuente Osmena.  Her name is Mayen.  She's done lots of SRRV's.  My process was smooth, hassle-free and fast.  The only thing I paid extra for (for which Mayen apologized) was 500 pesos to go to the head of the line at the NBI office.  Everything else was by the book.  Mayen even paid all my taxi fares within the city going to/from NBI and medical exam.

Send me a PM and I'll forward her email address to you, if you'd like to get in touch with her in advance.

And thats what good marketing is all about !!!! Not only does BofC get your deposit but Mayen also makes $500

• Like 1