flaming

motorboy

motorboy

As someone who does not know terminology, what is flaming and what is a troll? these might be dumb questions, but when your dumb, these are the only kind of questions you know how to ask  thanks  i look forward to the replies

• Admin (Retired)
broden

flaming is me calling you an asshole

trolling is me getting you to call me an asshole

• Like 6

Flaming also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity. The users are called flamers and are people who are usually too weak to even hold a fight on their own in real but will flame anything they can on the Internet.

Edited by Stone
motorboy

thanks, I thought it meant something way different

• Like 1
cebubird

As someone who does not know terminology, what is flaming and what is a troll? these might be dumb questions, but when your dumb, these are the only kind of questions you know how to ask  thanks  i look forward to the replies

I have always been taught and firmly believe--there is NO such thing as a dumb question It's only dumb when you would like to know something and DON'T ask the question.

It's taken me sometime to instill that in my little wife as Filipinos I have encountered are seemingly embarrassed to ask a question about ANYTHING.

Don't EVER EVER EVER refer to yourself as dumb when you don't know something, rather consider yourself intelligent because you want to know and have the sense to ask.

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

• Like 1
Paul

I guess this topic has been asked, and answered. I will move it to the appropriate forum and lock it.