DFA return documents

USMC-Retired

DFA kept my original documents.  NSO NBI AND Drivers license? Do they return them?

Edited by USMC-Retired
Nangulo

Not sure about Cebu but DFA in Butuan did not.  However, they only retained original B/C - examined and took copies of everything else.  I'm only assuming they retained original B/C because those can be ordered anytime you want.  Retaining a D/L?  How can you legally drive while waiting for your passport?

ozboy

Whenever my wife has done anything here they requested original docs which is crazy...so now we order 3 copies of any original doc that is required....we never ever got any back but maybe you might...

SkyMan

Whenever my wife has done anything here they requested original docs which is crazy...so now we order 3 copies of any original doc that is required....we never ever got any back but maybe you might...

True that but I've never had anyone keep the DL.  I always send the wife anywhere with originals and copies and if they ask for something she's instructed to try to give a copy first and original only if required.  Odd that they've never tried to keep my original BC and yet they take her original BCs like they are candy.  As a precaution, the BC I use for me is the hospital BC which isn't actually acceptable in the US but it has a raised seal and they take it here.

Tim, while you're waiting for the passports, it might be a good time to get her DL updated with her married name, get another NBI clearance and more certs.  Save you time when you start the visa process.

Edited by SkyMan
USMC-Retired

Yes we are going to do that.  I was just shocked they kept them they took copies last time now they wanted the originals.  I have the reciept and the copy.  They took her orginal baptismal cert also they wanted no copies.  The passport is the most important thing so giving them up comes second to not getting a passport.  Remember I got a denial letter also so my mind is running.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Wifey says they looked at all of her documents and gave them back to her, but kept her original birth certificate. (Which we ordered en masse so didn't care).