Filipina robbed by online scammer

may of been in reruns but we watched that show almost every night

almost required viewing for folks from brooklyn

Truth be told I don't remember them from the originals in the 50s. That would make me really old :)

But I do fondly remember the ones made in the 60s as part of his 1 hour variety show, though I could have done without the singing and dancing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stone

• Davaoeno

• udonthani

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I didn't talk to those in my wife's family who ripped us off, there wouldn't be too many to talk to.

She wasn't robbed, she gave it away. I do feel sorry for the Mother for raising such a dumbbell of a daughter, but she is equally dumb for trusting her.

Hear it often happen the other way around, this my first time to learn of this happening to Filipina, many times in Australia and other countries thou the guy has lost the lot for a girls from here.

Davaoeno

Truth be told I don't remember them from the originals in the 50s. That would make me really old :)

But I do fondly remember the ones made in the 60s as part of his 1 hour variety show, though I could have done without the singing and dancing.

How sweet it is !! 

• Like 3
lifeisgood

Wow, really sad story.  I hate to see anyone being taken advantage of like that.  Then again, she did take someone else money so even though she was scammed she does deserve some repercussions based on her decision.  Hopefully her family can get past this and retain a relationship with her.  

• Like 1
udonthani

I'd say that there has been alot of interesting information added to this thread. Nigerians are operating this scam from all over the world and some are very good at it and seem to be able to get thousands of dollars from each victim they successfully seduce. In Belgium, Switzerland and France alot of women were hit by scammers from countries such as Ivory Coast and Cameroon, because they are French native speakers and seem to be able to present themselves as wealthy French, Swiss or Belgian businessmen looking for love and marriage on dating sites.

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surpise me at all. That the ones from the Francophone African countries will tap into the French speaking market. THey are multi-lingual though. I remember once in Tenerife where there was pompous English woman who was trying to poke fun of a West African souvenir seller in a bar I was in.

'can't you even speak English?' she said.

I said, 'yes he can speak pretty good English however his French is much better than his English, because he's from Senegal. He can also speak three African languages you have never even heard of'.