Filipina robbed by online scammer

Davaoeno

The father dies and leaves 200,000 to the mother [out in the province], so the mother sends the money to the daughter who lives in Davao to put in an account for the mother.

The daughter who  is holding the mothers money is 53 and lives with her sister in the same  upscale subdivision  as my gf . The sister is married to a foreigner. 

So the daughter is online looking for a guy and meets a guy who says he is Australian - who  posts a pic of some decent looking white guy . The Ozzie tells her that he loves her and is coming to Davao and will bring a shit load of money for the 2 of them.

Then she gets an urgent call that he is on his way [ supposedly with all the money] but has been detained in  jail in Malaysia and needs 200K to get out.  So w/o asking the mother, or the sister, she withdraws the mothers 200K from the bank and wires it to Malaysia to get him out of jail.  And of course- never hears from him again.  

The mother visits the 2 daughters, is told about the families only monies being lost, and immediately collapses.

The sister kicks the daughter out of her house, and no one in the family will even talk to the daughter now 

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stone

• Davaoeno

• udonthani

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I didn't talk to those in my wife's family who ripped us off, there wouldn't be too many to talk to.

She wasn't robbed, she gave it away. I do feel sorry for the Mother for raising such a dumbbell of a daughter, but she is equally dumb for trusting her.

Hear it often happen the other way around, this my first time to learn of this happening to Filipina, many times in Australia and other countries thou the guy has lost the lot for a girls from here.

Paul

How did the guy (scammer) learn of the 200,000 Piso?

Brucewayne

She wasn't robbed, she gave it away.

I do feel sorry for the Mother for raising such a dumbbell of a daughter, but she is equally dumb for trusting her.

• Like 5
Davaoeno

How did the guy (scammer) learn of the 200,000 Piso?

i thought about that. I assume any professional con man is quite expert at getting victims to divulge such sorts of info .  [ maybe he text he needed 300K and she said she only had access to 200K ??? ]  I know for sure the story is true 

Paul

Sorry. I wasn't insinuating that she was involved, or lying in any way. I was just curious, but realized after posting that she probably told him about it, after the fact.

Php 200,000. That is a LOT of change.

Hear it often happen the other way around, this my first time to learn of this happening to Filipina, many times in Australia and other countries thou the guy has lost the lot for a girls from here.

The
revenge of the foreigner!

• Like 3

i thought about that. I assume any professional con man is quite expert at getting victims to divulge such sorts of info .  [ maybe he text he needed 300K and she said she only had access to 200K ??? ]  I know for sure the story is true 

Professional conman targeting girls from Davao Philippines

Hah.      April fool's day is not until Monday

• Like 1
Paul

revenge of the foreigner!

It's not revenge.

smokey

The father dies and leaves 200,000 to the mother [out in the province], so the mother sends the money to the daughter who lives in Davao to put in an account for the mother.

The daughter who  is holding the mothers money is 53 and lives with her sister in the same  upscale subdivision  as my gf . The sister is married to a foreigner. 

So the daughter is online looking for a guy and meets a guy who says he is Australian - who  posts a pic of some decent looking white guy . The Ozzie tells her that he loves her and is coming to Davao and will bring a shit load of money for the 2 of them.

Then she gets an urgent call that he is on his way [ supposedly with all the money] but has been detained in  jail in Malaysia and needs 200K to get out.  So w/o asking the mother, or the sister, she withdraws the mothers 200K from the bank and wires it to Malaysia to get him out of jail.  And of course- never hears from him again.  

The mother visits the 2 daughters, is told about the families only monies being lost, and immediately collapses.

The sister kicks the daughter out of her house, and no one in the family will even talk to the daughter now 

My wife has an older cousin and it happened almost just like that only the guy claimed to be from US and she western union the money 2,000 us and it was picked up in Africa 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
smokey

What was even stranger is i asked my wife what the guys name was and she said its an american name   John Smith

Cebudog

If she sent the money Western Union and sent it to Australia.  Then it was released to somebody in Africa, I would think that Western Union should be responsible for refunding the money.

Bill H

Those Nigerians, sneaky bastards they are!

udonthani

this is not the first time I've heard of a Filipino falling for this. But only once last year. However, they've been targeting richer Thais and Malaysians, for years. Even about 8 years ago I used to get emails from Thais very confused about the Nigerian scam emails turning up in their inboxes. Because - not their fault - their level of English skill is relatively low, they didn't know what to make of it at all. Only last year, I got a flurry of texts from a Filipina ex I have who has a managerial job on a Bohol tourist resort who was being hassled for money by somebody who claimed that he loved her even though, of course, he had never actually met her. His email tag had a Malaysian-sounding name. He disclosed a Malaysian phone number to her also. I rang it up from England. I, unlike most Filipinos would, recognised straight away a West African and probably Nigerian English accent straight away. Many West Africans are French. Not Nigerians and Ghanaians though, and after my time in Africa I can tell the difference between a Ghanaian and Nigerian accent usually. I told him he was an asshole and to stop bothering the girl. He sent me a series of abusive but instructive texts which broadened my knowledge of West African English slang for a few days and confirmed my suspicion he was Nigerian, before giving up. That one was not even in Nigeria, but in Malaysia, probably KL. Sending texts from Malaysian cellphones overseas, is much cheaper than it is from the Philippines, and even desperadoes like that can afford it.

ed villas

DAVAOENO, this is 1 of the better topics i have read in a long time, 

maybe others who read this, will know more about this "type of scam" and pass this info to our extendedparasites  familes so they will be aware .

again Good post DAVAOENO :hyper:

udonthani

basically everybody knows about in the English as a first language speaking world now. That is why they are now going for the others.