Fake coins

Is fake 5 peso coins an issue elsewhere in philippines or its just down here in the wild south?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Is fake 5 peso coins an issue elsewhere in philippines or its just down here in the wild south?

Never heard of it.

Got a fake 500 peso note from an ATM machine the other day though.

We got a lot of coins coming in from our small Sari Sari Store and we can not use them all for driving Sikad :crazy: , so into the bank and that resultated in the first 2 fake 5 peso discovered by their machine. And since the bank keep the fake (or only one of them - my wife like to fight for small things) we stop bringing them to the bank. We check all the bigger notes for fake and there are some and even 20 and 50 pesos might be fake. The 5 peso coin is magnetic and small difference in the letters.

Buko Beach

I check all the peso bills, even the 20p ones. The locals look at me strange. Some would ask me why, it's only 20p?

The 20-50-100p notes are the ones most likely to be all crumbled and worn. The counterfitters go to great lengths to make a fake look as used as possible, If I have any doubts I pass the bill back and ask for another.

I have never seen a fake coin (heard about them).   :twocents: