Does the US Consulate in Cebu provide notary service?

Nangulo

Anybody been there, done that?

USMC-Retired

yrs and yes they do.

CardiacKid

Yes they do. They charge if memory serves, $30.00 per signature. 

CebuKano

They charge $50 or peso exchange rate which is posted at the help desk window per notary.

Last time I was there (02/22/2013) I paid P2,050 (41:1).

And yes, it's robbery. But it sure as hell beats having to travel to Manila to pay the same rate at the Embassy.

SkyMan

And as a warning, I believe they wil NOT notarize a foreign document such as a copy of your wife's RP passport.

Edited by SkyMan

I just paid P4100 to have 2 documents notorized. If you pay in dollars, you should have correct amount.

Thelandofku-an

The fees seem rather modest compared to the UK!

I recall about 6,000 Php per document?

And a trip to Manila grr!

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
Half Baked

Yes, $50US is the rate for one notarization. I sure hated paying it, too. I was a notary public before back in the states, 6 bucks!!:/ More fun in the Philippines!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i never went to the consulate to get anything notarized .. we got married over there and she came to the states on a spousal .. i had to get things notarized over here in the states .. and we did get things notarized over there but we just went to some local lawyer who had a street stand set up .. in fact he was basically blind and had 2 helpers putting the papers in front of him and directing him

• Like 3
CebuKano

And as a warning, I believe they wil NOT notarize a foreign document such as a copy of your wife's RP passport.

This is true. But anyone who would take a non-US document to the consolate to be notarized for $50 needs their head examined :D

Local notary is much cheaper.

• Like 1
Jack_be_nimble

Yup, I got charged $200 bucks for four signatures. And they didn't do it right. I needed them to sign ON the form itself, not their official letterhead attached by a cute little gold ring used as a fancy staple.

Ridiculous.

redman69

Yes, they do and it is 50.00 dollars. And it is a hour wait. Submit and wait your turn.  Reminds you of being in the states that is for sure.  But as a side note the older guy who works there is straight up a good honest man. Told me why waste your money. No that is my kind of government worker. Atleast it is not like a speed camera here. They give you an option also. Pay bill or go to jail.

CebuKano

The wait time depends on how many people are ahead of you in line. I highly recommend that you arrive about 20 minuets before closing time on a Friday. Most times you will get in and out within about 20 - 30 mins. Go on a Monday and wait much longer....

CebuKano

i never went to the consulate to get anything notarized .. we got married over there and she came to the states on a spousal .. i had to get things notarized over here in the states .. and we did get things notarized over there but we just went to some local lawyer who had a street stand set up .. in fact he was basically blind and had 2 helpers putting the papers in front of him and directing him

Good deal Mr. B. :)

I'm just curious how did you manage to get your affidavit in lieu of bla bla bla .. to contract marriage for american citizens? I could have saved some pesos! :) Damnit! :D

Edited by Motörhead