Sign in to follow this  
thebob

A success story

thebob

Young Bill is my girlfriends nephew. He is 6 years old, and recently contracted Dengue fever. it is a scary disease that is transmitted by mosquito.

Bill's father Pauly is a hard working tricycle driver, who has 6 children. They all live in a simple, native house without electricity, but they share running water from their neighbors house. His oldest sister, Antoinette. is my ward. She has graduated, High-school and is now a working college student attempting to improve the lives of her siblings.

Young Bill, has pulled through the worst part of a disease that could have taken his life. His blood platelet count plummeted to dangerous levels but, due to the vigilance of the doctors at Holy Child hospital in Dumaguete, and the love of his family, he has regained a stable condition that we all hope he will recover from.

Supporting my girlfriends family has led me to reduce my "lifestyle" to a level that I would like to improve... but, please understand that in no way do I feel that this is a burden.

The life of a child is a precious thing, and a few nights on the town, pale in comparison.

Many here worry that they are taking on the responsibility for their partners family, my worry is that I can' do enough.

If you are close to Holy Chid in Dumaguete and you feel that you have any spare money, Bill Maurice Tabaloc, in room 226, could do with some help! Thousands have been spent, and a few more are needed. Either way I will help out the family as best as I can.

I'm sorry that this is a pleading post , but it is so unfair that a hard working father, has to jeopardize the lives of his other children, for one of his own.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

My son had Dengue fever in 2008, he was 5 months old...based on what doctor's had told me on the phone...I was not expecting to ever see my son alive...I was in the states tending to my father's cancer...I flew to Cebu expecting the worse...he made a full recovery...

a little over a year later, the 7 year old daughter pastor of an EFC Church died from Dengue Fever...she was their only child

if people in the area of this child in question can't give money, please consider giving blood...patient's of Dengue need blood...and most families can not afford the blood...giving blood can save a life!!!

• Like 2

Peter C

...giving blood can save a life!!!

I have donated blood 45 times in my home country. the red cross came there every six months and a lot of responsible citizens spent blood regularly - for a free snack. 

I think, the whole blood donation system in the Philippines needs an upgrading - most people including me do not know, how it works. 

• Like 2

Wolfpack

I have donated blood 45 times in my home country. the red cross came there every six months and a lot of responsible citizens spent blood regularly - for a free snack. 

I think, the whole blood donation system in the Philippines needs an upgrading - most people including me do not know, how it works. 

I certainly think you are correct there, a blood drive is something maybe we could organize through this forum...make people more aware of the need...and save lives!!!

• Like 1