USMC-Retired

So how does that work?  I figure they line up again to get the passport can someone share how that works.  DFA is the biggest cluster mess its not the fault of the workers but there are a million literally trying to get passports from that office and pushing shoving out of control as people fight to the front.  If you have kids it goes better with only a 4-6 hour processing or get an appointment from travel agent 30 Days out.  Adults started today when I asked a few at 11pm yesterday in to get a number for today a 9am.  Then they ran out of numbers at 3am for the day.  So people were told to try again.  Unreal one lady got there at 1am waited all night got to processing and told her supporting documents were not correct.  Come back this was at 11am.  Unreal is the only thing I can convey if you do not have kids better get with Shadow. Not paying for shipping it this time if there is a problem I am already there. 

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

And its only good for 5 years! Hahahaha

(I know you probably don't care as you'll be migrating with the family.)

I wish the thieving bastards would just charge double and make it a 10 year passport. Hell, I'd pay 10 times just so she wouldn't have to deal with it every 5 years. Not to mention her 10 year VISA to the US - will they accept it in her old passport or does she have to get it re-issued in a new passport.

However, do be fair, the Mrs. didn't have too much difficulty getting her passport at DFA manila. I think she paid a travel agency to make her an appointment. I just asked her and she said she was there for 2 to 3 hours total. Her passport came in the mail 2 weeks later.

Edited by Monsoon
USMC-Retired

The passport once she comes for renewal will have to reattend CFO if she lost her certificate or reciept.  Travel agents for adults is the only way to fly plus the LBC it to you.  Yet right now for appointments it goes in MAY for travel agents. The first time I was lucky with a canceled appointment.  The system is beyond broke.  I have paid twice for my passports yet it was their mistake.  They said I could get a refund through Manila.  Go figure.  So because I used a travel agent I lost 4500 pesos.  This time they circled the change and put a note on it. Something I ensured of to avoid it again. 

Edited by USMC-Retired