North Korea's plan to surprise attack and beat the USA/SK in 3 days!

panther

well today is the day where we could end N.K leadership with one carefully placed daisy cutter the little boy will be in attendance at the parade today marking his grandfathers birthday ( yes the dead one lol ) so lets have some balls and go for it .no more great leaders lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Brucewayne

• Canuck Joe

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it can't be that much of a surprise can it. It was on the front page of this morning's New York Times.

the problem the US has with war is we usually lose the political will before the job is done and start seeing ourselves as the bad guy

Posted Images

Canuck Joe

I'm told it's also illegal for a foreigner to carry a bolo or any type of weapon!  They mean to keep us as defenseless as possible.

maybe on the street....

but they can pry my bolo from my cold dead hands....while tending to the banana trees.

• Like 2
Bill H

Interesting development publicized for a change...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/637098.html

Makes perfect sense.  China is way over reaching in these territorial disputes, so having the US Navy in the area may give some protection to the Philippines.  Except of course, the current US Administration is proving on a daily basis to be a paper tiger which China may be tempted to test in the not too distant future.  The events in Korea may be something China is toying with just to see how far the USA can be pushed.

Edited by Bill H
ed villas

Interesting development publicized for a change...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/637098.html

very nice info that you given,

here is the story posted as some of us have slow .. speeds and its not always an OPTION to open  some URL/links/

The US would be allowed to station forces at

military bases in the Philippines if it went to war with North Korea,

Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario said Saturday citing a treaty

between the allies.

MANILA: The US would be allowed to station forces at

military bases in the Philippines if it went to war with North Korea,

Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario said Saturday citing a treaty

between the allies.

"Our mutual defence treaty calls for joint

action if either the Philippines or the United States is attacked," del

Rosario said in comments sent to AFP at a time of heightened tensions on

the Korean peninsula.

"It would then be logical to assume that in

the event of an attack on the Philippines or on our treaty ally, the US

would be allowed to use our bases," he added.

Del Rosario was

responding to a question about whether the archipelago, a former US

colony, would allow the stationing of American troops on its soil in

case war broke out between the US and North Korea.

The Korean

peninsula has been engulfed by escalating military tensions and dire

threats of nuclear war since North Korea conducted a rocket test last

December and a nuclear test in February.

On Friday Philippine

Defence Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said the government was prepared to

undertake "extreme measures" including allowing US bases in the country,

in the event of an "extreme emergency" on the Korean peninsula.

The US and Philippines are allied by a 1951 mutual defence treaty.

In

the early 1990s US forces vacated Clark Air Base and Subic Naval Base,

two large facilities used during the Vietnam War, after a disagreement

over rents.

In recent years the Philippines has been seeking to

improve its defence ties with the United States amid a festering

territorial dispute with China over parts of the South China Sea.

Some

of its facilities are being used in ongoing annual joint military

exercises between the Philippines and the United States, where the

Pentagon deployed a dozen F/A-18 Hornet fighter jets.

More than 8,000 Filipino and US troops are taking part in the 12-day drills which end on Wednesday.

tom_shor

I'm told it's also illegal for a foreigner to carry a bolo or any type of weapon!  They mean to keep us as defenseless as possible.

I'm not carrying it I am sharpening it and I'm in Arizona.

musicman666

I'm told it's also illegal for a foreigner to carry a bolo or any type of weapon! They mean to keep us as defenseless as possible.

I'm not carrying it I am sharpening it and I'm in Arizona.

Living the Filipino dream...

• Like 1
Headshot

Living the Filipino dream...

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

• 2 weeks later...
MIDNITERIDER

Makes perfect sense.  China is way over reaching in these territorial disputes, so having the US Navy in the area may give some protection to the Philippines.  Except of course, the current US Administration is proving on a daily basis to be a paper tiger which China may be tempted to test in the not too distant future.  The events in Korea may be something China is toying with just to see how far the USA can be pushed.

I disagree wholeheartedly with the notion about "the current administration." Currently the policy of reorienting military forces to the Pacific was undertaken by this current administration prior to and regardless of the exacerbation of the Korean peninsular situation by the boy wonder in Pyongyang. This would be akin to blaming Obama for the hail that fell in Quezon City recently. I would also put forward the thesis that Obama acts in practice more like a moderate Republic-remember them?-and fills both the left of center and right of center void left by the present domestic shift of a portion of the electorate both demographically and politically to the far right wing. 

"Areas of Continuity 
Many aspects of the “Pacific Pivot” represent an expansion rather than a transformation of U.S. policy. The Obama Administration follows a long line of U.S. governments that, since the end of World War II, has sought to underpin stability and security in the Asia-Pacific by maintaining a large troop presence in East Asia and by involving the United States in most major diplomatic developments in the region. (...) The 'rebalancing' to the Asia-Pacific also represents a deepening of the Obama Administration’s efforts, begun in 2009, to upgrade U.S. diplomatic visibility and presence in the Asia-Pacific. Perhaps most notably, since 2009, the Administration has consistently given considerable time and emphasis to Southeast Asia and to regional multilateral institutions. Prior to President Obama taking office, many Southeast Asian leaders in the region felt they had been neglected by the United States." (Mark E. Manyin et al, March 28, 2012, US Congressional Research Service)

The pivot is being made now even more sharply driven by the Korean situation and if you ask military personnel now on active duty you will find that all they have been doing logisticlly and otherwise has all been focused on Afghanistan. That is now undergoing a rapid change at both the Dept of State and the Pentagon. 
I do agree with the questioning of the bold Chinese moves  of contestation regarding maritime territorial rights, and how inevitably the actions of Pyongyang may be viewed in terms of conflict by proxy so as not to disturb their financial relationship with the West as a market for Chinese goods. 

"The shift in focus toward the Asia-Pacific region isn’t just a matter of military presence, he said. Rather, he added, it’s an effort to harness all elements of U.S. power: military, political, trade and investment, development and values. (...) Sixty percent of the U.S. naval fleet will be based in the Pacific by 2020, Donilon said, and U.S. Pacific Command’s modern capabilities focus will shift to submarines, fifth-generation fighter jets such as F-22s and F-35s, and reconnaissance platforms." (Lyle, American Forces Press Service, March 12, 2013)

I suspect that the modernization of Clark and rebuilding the Mactan airport is not simply for some relief of the increasingly dysfunctional NAIA, nor for the bar trade. A more inviting forward military basing involvement would be highly profitable for the ruling Filipino family interests and contribute much to continuing the present day illusion of an expanding economy which is mostly driven by a loosening of credit since there still exists a dearth of industrial capacity for both domestic consumption (still weaker than desired) and any significant export activity to speak of. 
Edited by MIDNITERIDER
  • Like 1