Importing pet cat to Cebu - contact?

mayasparrow

Since my last thread got locked...?

Does anyone have a contact for the Dept of Agriculture whom I can email to get a permit for importing my pet cat? I have emailed [email protected] and [email protected] but haven't gotten a response in about 14 days.

Thanks!

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Does anyone have a contact for the Dept of Agriculture whom I can email to get a permit for importing my pet cat? I have emailed [email protected] and [email protected] but haven't gotten a response in about 14 days.

Thanks!

Ive don't it with dogs. I went there personally, picked up and filled out a form on the 4th floor, went down to the 1st floor, paid something small like 50 pesos. Then went back to the 4th floor where they stamped said form. Then a copy of this form needs to be given to the person bringing in the animal at the airport so they can again look at the form (they never look at the animal).

This was done in QC at the Department of Animal Quarantine or something. You should find their phone number because the last time I did this Ondoy hit and the form was destroyed as it was left in my car which was also destroyed. By calling them we were able to convince them to fax the form to the US so they would have the copy to show at the airport. So, at least  back then, they were helpful when reached on the phone. 

• Like 1
mayasparrow

Ive don't it with dogs. I went there personally, picked up and filled out a form on the 4th floor, went down to the 1st floor, paid something small like 50 pesos. Then went back to the 4th floor where they stamped said form. Then a copy of this form needs to be given to the person bringing in the animal at the airport so they can again look at the form (they never look at the animal).

This was done in QC at the Department of Animal Quarantine or something. You should find their phone number because the last time I did this Ondoy hit and the form was destroyed as it was left in my car which was also destroyed. By calling them we were able to convince them to fax the form to the US so they would have the copy to show at the airport. So, at least  back then, they were helpful when reached on the phone. 

That would be all well except that we're not in the Philippines yet. We'll be arriving with the cat coming on the plane with us, and so we need a way to get the permit ahead of time.

Paul

Your last thread was locked automatically by the software, because the last post was made on it over ten months ago - Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

RogerDuMond

Contact the Philippine Embassy or consulate nearest to you.

I think the right venue to raise that question would be Department of Foreign Affairs or yes, you can go to the Philippine Embassy on your place.