Business Suggestions

SkyMan

Buy a couple milk cows

Well that's good for 2 fiestas and then what?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauie

• Thelandofku-an

• Paul

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one, all ready to buy. Click Here   He thought he could come here and make a fortune, ending up losing what he had, and now has to return home to Australia. He has, quite literally, ended up

Hi Lauie,     My wife is from Leyte too and she bought her family a used Japanese surplus Isuzu 10 wheeler truck last year for hauling sugar cane from the fields in the mountains to the staging are

The expats who are successful here are VERY secretive about what they do and how they do it. Most of them export goods to the west, be it high end or cheap. They work their ASSES off and stay under th

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Well that's good for 2 fiestas and then what?

reminisce 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Thelandofku-an

I was brought back to this topic regarding your post on time deposits, which on the face of it seem more

lucrative than your policeman Pappy driving a multicab or herding cows among  others?

QUOTE:

Posted Today, 12:22 PM

If you have a family in the Philippines who works for PNP or the armed forces, I recommend checking into AFPSLAI and/or AMWSLAI. Last I checked, AFPSLAI's annual interest rate is 18% or 4.5%/quarter because they give the dividend quarterly... the highest rate you can possibly find anywhere. You can either withdraw the dividend or leave it for the interest to compound. When I started working in the Philippines, my dad who's a soon-to-be retired police had been talking me into this (saying "Don't make the same mistake I've made"... being broke, that is. LOL). But being only 20, I really didn't understand anything about investing back then. When I go back this year, I'll look into it for sure and inquire for information.

Edited by Lauie, Today, 12:41 PM.

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
Lauie

I was brought back to this topic regarding your post on time deposits, which on the face of it seem more

lucrative than your policeman Pappy driving a multicab or herding cows among  others?

Yes. I've been doing my own research about investing lately, not just for my parents but for my own little family. My husband and I have been looking into where we can invest our money on, here and in the Philippines. I looked into different ways we can invest in the PI and that's when I remembered my dad talking about AFPSLAI and AMWSLAI. 

• Like 1
tokyoman

Go to the mall and you will see that Fillipinos are often lined up in front of drink stands like Thirsty

Perhaps you could start one of those after doing lots of research

http://franchisemanila.com/2012/09/thirsty-franchise/

For me the last thing on my mind is running a business in the PI

• Like 1
Paul

Alright. First, maybe "profitable" wasn't the best term to use. And second, I'm not a Westerner who wants to come to the Philippines just to start a business. Because Philippines is where I came from and I lived there for 23 years, lol.

I just want a small business that my family in Leyte can live on. I'm not dreaming for one that will expand into an empire (lol i wish), just something that will help them pay bills, and afford to eat a decent meal 3x/day without me having to send them money.

Now we are talking a more realistic view. It is possible, though, to establish a business that can maintain, or at least help maintain, your family. The most important requirement here, prior to investing in anything for them to run, is to know that they can budget money, and not live on 100% of their profits. Often, families in the Philippines do not realize they must put money back into their business, to continue running it.

Raise hybrid meat goats if you have the land.

Goats, bred for goats milk, can be a very profitable business in the Philippines. I have considered goats for milk, and meat, in the past.

In the Farming & Gardening Forum on this site, I found some topics that may interest you, if you choose to go this route:

1. My new mini goat farm

2. Where to get boer or anglo goats in Cebu

3. Goat Farming

4. Anyone interested in raising goats as a business?