Business Suggestions

ellenbrook2001

may i rectified the problem of WOOMBA cafe the guy hes very nice but has been unfortunaly very very sick life treatening had many surgery ,also with the new bitch GILLARD minister shes did cut off many of our privilege cause we are living too another country,WOOMBA cafe hes very very good but in my opinion very very bad location so hard too attract customers ,the idear was very good but has any business location,location hes crucial, anywhere good luck too WOOMBA hope you be fine mate.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauie

• Thelandofku-an

• Paul

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one, all ready to buy. Click Here   He thought he could come here and make a fortune, ending up losing what he had, and now has to return home to Australia. He has, quite literally, ended up

Hi Lauie,     My wife is from Leyte too and she bought her family a used Japanese surplus Isuzu 10 wheeler truck last year for hauling sugar cane from the fields in the mountains to the staging are

The expats who are successful here are VERY secretive about what they do and how they do it. Most of them export goods to the west, be it high end or cheap. They work their ASSES off and stay under th

I have bought my wife some booths in the market. It cost me 100,000 pesos for each booth. You can rent them out for 100 to 125 pesos per day. There is a waiting list for people wanting to rent them. So you have potential of making 36,000 pesos a year for each booth you own. The people always pay the daily rental as they need the booth to make an income. Its not a bad return on your peso. If you bought a few of these it could generate enough to support a family. Yes the initial start up cost is expensive but for long term money making and being pretty dependable income, I think it is worth it. The more you own the more income you generate

• Like 4
samatm

A small bakery opened near us around a year ago.  There was an open spirit of competition, but it bordered on nastiness when they tried steal some regular customers (some who buy large quantities).  We never deviated from our straight forward business practices and remained unaffected by the new bakery.  Unfortunately for them, starting with little capital has created strains on their ability to deliver on time.  They started giving their sellers 25% plus some of the day old bread.  This changed to 20%, then 15% and now is 10%.  We know this since these same delivery guys want to buy our bread and sell it and pass along their tales.

So, a bakery is doable, at least in the province.

Excellent write up.  thanks.   If you don't mind a few other questions?    Ok so im curios how the bakery deals with the resellers.  Do they buy the stock at discount  or  take the stock on consignment and return the earning back to the store?

Also as you are not in the bakery daily .  How do you handle the loss of stock..either  old stock or  stock being consumed by your your employees.    

what percentage of  earnings come from non bakery items like soft drinks, coffee, candies etc? 

Thanks

lazydays

My sister is in nursing school. I tried to get her to take dentistry but she wouldn't do it.

Maybe a Pharmacist would be a better option as there seems to be a huge glut of nurses in the PH.

I read a while back that even the PH Gov't is trying to disuade people from taking up nursing courses for the same reason.

Just a thought.

smokey

Maybe a Pharmacist would be a better option as there seems to be a huge glut of nurses in the PH.

I read a while back that even the PH Gov't is trying to disuade people from taking up nursing courses for the same reason.

Just a thought.

well as many of the schools are owned by politicians that is a strange idea.... now if i heard of a lot of schools for sale then i would be more inclined to think that way

lazydays

well as many of the schools are owned by politicians that is a strange idea.... now if i heard of a lot of schools for sale then i would be more inclined to think that way

Just relaying what i read in the PH news last year Smokey.  I certainly don't what the future holds regarding Nursing schools.

smokey

Just relaying what i read in the PH news last year Smokey.  I certainly don't what the future holds regarding Nursing schools.

the schools they are trying to close are the ones that the students dont pass... but even that is hard as so many schools have connections..... with it almost impossible to get a job overseas any more nursing is one of the trades that have 10 lic. for each paying job  ... everything is school school school... now they have care giving schools 6 months long and lots of money but in reality here in the usa its a 6 day class ... 

Thelandofku-an

one of the new business to be in i think will be CARE HOME ASSISTED... cost in the us for such a place is at the low end 2,000 a month and the high 4,500 a month...  THE trick and it would take some work is to get the insurance companies to accept and pay say 1,200 a month for the same care in the Philippines,,, that would open a huge market from japan , usa , etc etc etc many would come to the Philippines but they are stuck in their countries because insurance pays the fee  ,,, Now its possible to get a self pay program but i am sure it will be for the most part Fil am who had no insurance and self pay in cebu is a lot better then self pay in the usa 

for those thinking of nursing this year the usa gave out 80,000 B type working visa units they were snapped up in days .... Also the cost of the host is getting higher and higher its time to stop thinking of ways to escape the Philippines to offering a service that is needed and lower cost  just like call centers are in cebu ??????    save money so its a great business model for the person who spearheads the assisted living care home then they franchise it like a jolly be 

I noticed in the news some time ago that US "professionals" flat on their face from "Wally Street" were re-training to enter nursing, not sure how this is going to affect the demand for Homecare professionals from here?

Thelandofku-an

hi,

while your intentions are admirable, with the tone of your postings it seems you don't have the highest expectations of your parent's ability and willingness to work hard at a business you fund. perhaps rather than loose a few big chunks on various attempted business start-ups, and considering how little it costs for people to survive here, it may be easier to simply resign yourself to sending the inevitable couple hundred dollars a month and get it over with.  

Sound advice, given that your OP about a van had a budget of $5,000 it might be better to look at a business partnership or similar where you are in the US, at least you would remain in control and could subsidize your remittances from it in time?

Kick your sisters ass for me please Lauie, how ungrateful to refuse your offer of Dentistry (as I read it) she's going to be in a very long queue to get a nursing job, how's her English ability (minimum passing grade is IELTS 7 in listening reading writing and speaking) 80% is the minimum requirement!

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
  • Like 1
RogerDuMond

I think the U.S. demand for nurses is going to bounce back over the next 3-5 years. Just how old are baby boomers anyway? They start hitting the nuring homes in large numbers and we'll be hiring again. The challenge for todays students is to pass their licensure exams and maintain their skills during the hiring slump.

It isn't a demand problem. The demand is still there, but when the economy tanked, they cut back on working visas for foreign nurses.

• Like 1

Kick your sisters ass for me please Lauie, how ungrateful to refuse your offer of Dentistry (as I read it) she's going to be in a very long queue to get a nursing job, how's her English ability (minimum passing grade is IELTS 7 in listening reading writing and speaking) 80% is the minimum requirement!

What about I kick your balls for this uncalled-for comment? It's not being ungrateful to refuse to do something you don't wanna do. Just because I'm the one paying for her school doesn't mean she has to be stuck with something she doesn't want, for at least 4 years. She'll be a sophomore in June and so far her grades are impressive, not merely passing. That, to me, is being grateful.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

how about we just keep our feet out of each others danger zones

• Like 1
tomaw

I work in S. California as an airport shuttle driver. My wife's sister's American husband does a simular job in Florida using a Towncar. Our Filipino brother in-law has a small truck he uses to drive people home from the market. I and my American brother in-law may help our Filipino brother in-law by invesing in a cab or mult-cab. We can see how it goes from there. We can then collect a small percentage as silent partners in the business. Our brother in-law will gain a steady income and self confidence. If the family still needs money for an emergency or special occassion or something we can give it to them out of our 10% earnings.

Edited by tomaw

Depending on the location I would look at getting some washing machines and rigging them up to solar powered hot water so they get a proper wash.

make the solar collectors from old car radiators painted black under glass.

Thelandofku-an

What about I kick your balls for this uncalled-for comment? It's not being ungrateful to refuse to do something you don't wanna do. Just because I'm the one paying for her school doesn't mean she has to be stuck with something she doesn't want, for at least 4 years. She'll be a sophomore in June and so far her grades are impressive, not merely passing. That, to me, is being grateful.

Given that this thread is about you seeking your families economic independence from you through a business suggestion it is highly relevant!

I thought the purpose of her education was to support her parents, there's more probability of that through dentistry isn't there?

When she becomes an adult she'll learn that many people have to do what they dislike in order to fulfil responsbilities!

My nurses have to do public service to get their license, many endure physical hardship at this time, others can't get public service without some inside help!

Personally I would have taken whatever course my scholarship paid for, in fact I did!

I apologise if you consider my comment uncalled for, I would have thought you understood it's just figurative; FYI it means be more assertive over your business plan with her, or is she not a part of it?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
  • Like 2