Sign in to follow this  
spritsail

Backpackers invade Camiguin Island

spritsail

It gets fully booked now coz many people join the vessel in cdo bound for jagna, and not camiguin. Theres a boat from Ubay to maasin in Leyte making the Cdo - Benoni - Jagna - Ubay - Maasin a quick and inexpensive route of  getting to leyte instead of the Butuan to Suriagao then ferry boat to leyte.

I was always of the same opinion that there was plenty of space available on the Ocean jet cdo to benoni, then I had 20 chinese  coming to Camiguin. They arrived at the port at 7 am for early check in, but it was fully booked. Luckily we still had the jeepney to the port and the driver offered a special trip to Balinguan for 3000 php (double taxi price) the chinese arrived 9.30 am at Balinguan and were able to walk on a ferry leaving straight away. They arrived in Benoni before the Ocean jet which was 2 hours late,

udonthani

It gets fully booked now coz many people join the vessel in cdo bound for jagna, and not camiguin.

if I wanted to get to Jagna frrom CDO I wouldn't mess about going to Camiguin at all. There is a direct day ferry to Jagna from CDO (though not sure if it runs every day) and even getting the night ferry to Tagbilaran and then getting a bus the 60km to Jagna would be easier and make more sense than going via Camiguin.

udonthani

They arrived in Benoni before the Ocean jet which was 2 hours late,

exactly my point. Those so-called fast ferries aren't always that fast at all. If two people woke up in the same room in CDO at 6am and one of them took a taxi to CDO port to get the Ocean Jet (where you have to get there at least an hour before it leaves) while the other one took a taxi to Agora to get a bus to Balingoan, the one who went by Balingoan might easily get to Benoni first, despite paying only half the amount of money to get there as the one who took the Ocean Jet.

• Like 1

KennyF

The booking situation always was a bummer, for both methods of crossing, but I still maintain that for me, being able to grab a quick 15 minute taxi to the CDO port rather than the one and a half hour bus to Baligoan wins hands down.

Once in Bernoni it's all equal of course.

For tourists it may be different.

It's the same reason we expats prefered to pay 3,000 to Seair to fly Cebu to Camiguin rather than pay 1,000 for the overnight ferry. (which ironically I don't mind because I have 8 San Mig and fall asleep)

Anyway Dave, see you in 3 weeks or so, Red Horse and yogurt on me (for one night)

Any (small/light) thing you need from Oz give me a shout (spices?).

KonGC