Place to stay in Cebu

expatfever

expatfever

Hello everyone,

Coming to Cebu in April (gonna be HOT I"m guessing). Me and a chum of mine will be arriving around April 5th or 6th. We found some places online however I'm worried the pics look all nice, yet the hotel/place might be in a bad area, or far away from the city.

We don't mind being a little away from the city, mainly concerned with safety, room secure, privacy to enter and leave as needed, and access to the city (nightlife, food, etc.).When we stayed in Bohol last year I ended up coming back late a couple times and had to climb a fence to get in, thinking man I hope someone doesn't shoot me LOL.

Anyone have any suggestions? We were going to just go there and book a hotel after arriving. Bad Idea?

Thanks guys,

Expatfever

Headshot

Probably a bad idea. April is high season here. What hotels are you looking at and what kinds of activities are you looking for while you're here?

BTW...welcome to the forums.

Edited by Headshot
expatfever

Wasen't looking at any hotels in particular, since I have no idea which one will actually be like the pictures I've seen on the internet. ANy places you recommend. Want safe, clean, resonable price. Will pay higher price if hotel is first class. Looking to have a good time in Cebu. Probably go see the sites, go scuba diving, etc, etc.

Thanks for telling me april is high seaon, I thought i'd be slow since it's so hot.

Cheers

jtmwatchbiz

welcome as well. i agree with headshot maybe best to arrange a hotel before arriving. if not then at least stick to the uptown places in the robinsons area as there are many economical and safe places to choose from. many guys use the diplomat hotel on ramos as a good start off point and then take a look see if any other place catches yer eye.

enjoy!

fred

guadalupe

Headshot

If you are mainly looking to meet girls (and do the bar thing), then I would suggest Mango Park Hotel on Mango Avenue or one of the hotels in the Fuente Circle area. Either place will put you close to the bar areas on Mango and F. Ramos. If you also want to do a few dives, I can hook you up with a very good divemaster who can pick you up from whatever hotel you choose and take you diving.

If you are looking for a beach resort where you can do some diving (and cost isn't an issue) then I would suggest Plantation Bay Resort on Mactan. Plantation Bay has a nice reef (wall) right off shore, and they can also take you to dive spots between Cebu and Bohol. There are also other dive shops in the area.

If cost is an issue and good diving is your main objective, but you would like to possibly meet a few girls as well, then I would recommend going to Moalboal. Use LinC Forums' search function for "Moalboal" and it will give you plenty of ideas on where to stay and where to dive. Moalboal is a town about three hours from Cebu City on the southwest side of the island.

• Like 1
expatfever

Thanks so much guys I'll sent this to my friends and ask what he thinks. Headshot if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me that divemasters info that would be great. I will go research moalboal, and maybe we'll spend a couple nights in Cebu city then moalboal.

That's the info I needed to know.

Cheers.

Paul

It would be nice if new members, older members, and staff, would all learn to keep this forum as it stated both on the index page, and at the top of this forum. INTRODUCTIONS ONLY, people. Post your questions in their appropriate forum. That is what they are there for.

Hello! Introduction Forum

READ FIRST
             Hopefully, this will be the first forum you look at, even if you do not post an introduction.

These are the rules for Newbie Members:

1. Read the
Forum Rules prior to posting anywhere on this site.
2. Do not advertise in any way, including using an avatar or in your signature.
3. Post your question or comment in the appropriate forum, when posting a new topic.
4. The "Introduction Threads" forum is only for introductions. It is not for general conversation.
5. Newbie Members are not allowed to add links or email addresses in their posts or signatures.
6. Be an active member here, and you will have additional permissions and privileges after 50 successful posts.