help with info on how to get exit clearance

throttleplate

I looked at old posts,need more info please.I live in Iloilo for 11 months and our immigration office doesn't do ECC,i went to a travel agent and she said to do it at the airport and she confirmed this with her contact in mania but my gf called the acting immigration officer in manila NAIA whose phone number I got from the Iloilo office and he told her no I cannot get one at the airport and need to get it at Iloilo but Iloilo is not authorized,see where this is going?Who the hell do I believe?

Can I get one in Bacolod?its only an hour away by boat and how many days in advance am I allowed to get it?It says on old forumn posts that only manila,cebu and Davao give out ECC is this true?I lived in Mindanao in the town of dipolog city in the year 2010 and got an ecc issued there no problem.

Edited by throttleplate
Wolfpack

if all else fails, know they will take you in a room in the air port and ask for 2000 pesos...and suddenly there is no problem...not that I experienced that or anything : )

• Like 1
Woolf

If your stay here is tourist based, it can not be done at the airport.

( do not know if they will do it at an extra cost )

Information about EEC

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?p=500348

Information about other fees leaving Philippines

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?p=500345

Edited by Woolf
A_Simple_Man

First you need to know there is a different process if you are living here on a married visa or if you have stayed more than 6 months on a tourist visa. Which one are you?

throttleplate

First you need to know there is a different process if you are living here on a married visa or if you have stayed more than 6 months on a tourist visa. Which one are you?

single on a tourist visa,been here 11 months

Edited by throttleplate
throttleplate

If your stay here is tourist based, it can not be done at the airport.

( do not know if they will do it at an extra cost )

Information about EEC

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?

Information about other fees leaving Philippines

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?

hey wolf,so I can only get an ECC in manila,cebu,or Davao?no where else?

hookedtothenet

Throttleplate,

I live in Iloilo also and have travelled many times and I can confirm that you can just get it done at the airport in Manila.

• Like 2
Woolf

That is what it says, I have not stayed here for 6 months +.

I found that information some time ago, I have not verified it

Woolf

Throttleplate,

I live in Iloilo also and have travelled many times and I can confirm that you can just get it done at the airport in Manila.

hookedtothenet

are you here on a 13a visa  or as a tourist ?

hookedtothenet

Of course now that Iloilo is a proper International airport with Direct flights from here to SG and HK, then they should be equipped at Iloilo airport now to undertake ECC, but I haven't left on a direct flight before, always gone through Manila.

hookedtothenet

are you here on a 13a visa  or as a tourist ?

I am on a 13A now but when I was on my tourist visa this was the situation, never went to Manila BOI to get a ECC, always done at the airport in Manila.

• Like 1
Woolf

I am on a 13A now but when I was on my tourist visa this was the situation, never went to Manila BOI to get a ECC, always done at the airport in Manila.

Ok well if that is your experience.

The problem is that many people do not know that there is a difference if 13a  or tourist

• Like 1
hookedtothenet

Ok well if that is your experience.

The problem is that many people do not know that there is a difference if 13a  or tourist

I know that the OP(Throttleplate) is on a Tourist visa and that is why I told him of my experience when I was on a tourist visa living in Iloilo. Many times I travelled back and forth and was never asked by anyone to do a ECC in the BOI in Manila, only thing that used to piss me off was getting asked by the airlines for a return ticket out of the Philippines, this they became quite strict about, so usually just bought a throw away  ;)

ed villas

ask paul (not the forum owner), his services has helped alot of people he would know the answer.

throttleplate

I have decided to just hop on the fast boat and take the 1 hour ride to Bacolod as I have been there before for sightseeing and then go to the immigration office and process it there and if I have to come back to pick it up in a few days I will just hop on the boat again.The boat ride is 575php round trip and the office is 2 miles from the boat docks.

• 1 month later...
throttleplate

went to Bacolod and while I was there I stopped into immigration and Bacolod does not have the authority to issue ECC,so if you live in Bacolod than be warned that you now have to struggle with finding the truth about do you don't you and can you get it at the airport fiasco as the Bacolod embassy told me better safe than sorry as they have heard of horror stories of people missing their flights due to no ECC.Good luck as I myself am on my way to Cebu next week to visit my expat friend and will get my ECC while there ,maybe I will run into some of you dudes at the ayala mall as I will have a few beers with my friend.