Sign in to follow this  
dukkey80

need help how much money should i bring

dukkey80

Is 40000 pesos enough for 2 weeks i will be staying in one place for most of the time

surigao city i just need some input this is my first trip

Bob Ward

It's impossible to answer that question without some more data. It's easily doable depending upon you daily activities and the accomodations you choose.

smokey
Is 40000 pesos enough for 2 weeks i will be staying in one place for most of the time

surigao city i just need some input this is my first trip

are you planning on having fun or just staying in your room and watching CNN...??? I would take $ 4000 US for 10 days and my hotel would be paid by credit card so the money was for taxi dinner going places etc..

KID

^ damn , I only spent $1600 usd 3 years ago for a month including hotel/ apartment and bought gold for presents, stayed at the beach for a few days, went shopping almost daily, bought the wifes baby cloths.

but i did want too experiance the real phillipines , so i took jeepnies, ate local restraunts or the wife cooked, bargained for good prices and watched my money but still was throwing money around for the most part !!!

guess I am easy to please or prices have went threw the roof since the last visit !!!

Edited by KID

twostrokes
^ damn , I only spent $1600 usd 3 years ago for a month including hotel/ apartment and bought gold for presents, stayed at the beach for a few days, went shopping almost daily, bought the wifes baby cloths.

but i did want too experiance the real phillipines , so i took jeepnies, ate local restraunts or the wife cooked, bargained for good prices and watched my money but still was throwing money around for the most part !!!

guess I am easy to please or prices have went threw the roof since the last visit !!!

Always have to consider the source when evaluating what is said. I'm with you and probably your figures.. You might kick it up a couple hundred if you want to go a few other places....No need to stay in $150. a nite rooms at 4 or 5 star resorts, or eat at the the most expensive restaurants.... Some people just have too much money, so they spend a lot because they have it.

jim

Bob Ward

Three years ago prices were considerably lower and the exchange rate was 55+- versus 41. So take a 25% decrease in exchange rate and a 30%+ increase in prices, them add the figures again in my opinion. The thing I do agree on is that you can have fun on any budget. I could make it on P40 for two weeks just fine. But I have lived here for a year too.

Edited by Bob Ward

Terp

I'd bring around 1000 USD's and if you don't spend it, you don't spend it and if you need more, just go to a ATM machine...

Flirtilizer

Not counting lodging you could easily survive here on $300 for three weeks. Notice I said survive. :o Two of us did it and ordered out for Pizza often. Not very good pizza but what many Filipino eat. My GF things it is great pizza. We even bought a household items, trash cans and the like.

Now I had a grand time but I was getting to know a special lady up close and personal and we went almost no where. LOL One trip to SM (but we are not right in Cebu) and several to Gaisano Country mall by tricycle.

You can live very cheaply here if you need too. But a party cost a little to a lot more.

I'm living on a budget and love Cebu. It hasn't been that tight since the first month.

smokey
Not counting lodging you could easily survive here on $300 for three weeks. Notice I said survive. :o Two of us did it and ordered out for Pizza often. Not very good pizza but what many Filipino eat. My GF things it is great pizza. We even bought a household items, trash cans and the like.

Now I had a grand time but I was getting to know a special lady up close and personal and we went almost no where. LOL One trip to SM (but we are not right in Cebu) and several to Gaisano Country mall by tricycle.

You can live very cheaply here if you need too. But a party cost a little to a lot more.

I'm living on a budget and love Cebu. It hasn't been that tight since the first month.

not many foreigners know but if you come here and meet a girl for the first time your suppose to invite all of her family to dinner so they can meet you... They call this attack force ... At my first dinner here i had 27 family memebers show up to eat and meet me for the first time.. Many Locals Think if you dont do this its a sign that your not interested in the family and maybe not serious about the girl...

Arkanmo

I have been to Surigao, loved it there. Last I checked there is only one airline that flies to Surigao, Asian Spirit, and they only make a couple trips there per week. it is easier to fly to Butuan on Cebu Pacific and take the bus to Surigao, that also allows you to see alot of the countryside. $1000 is definently enough if you are paying hotel with credit card, make sure you notify credit card company that you are leaving the country so they do not view this as suspicious activity. Gateway is probably the nicest hotel there, but there are alot of little beach resorts that I will visit next time.

tom_shor

I usually budget $100 a day while I am there. I don't usually spend that much but i like to have a cushon just in case.

broden

if you can get new crisp $100 bills ... easier to change

that is if you're coming from the states :o

or crisp new whatever from where ever else you may be coming heh heh

Edited by broden

caloy

You can survive with 40,000 but it all depends on what do you want to do. 3,000 a day is quiet a sum already. You also have to consider how many people will you "support".

Flirtilizer

PS, I brought very little cash. I got it out of an ATM after I got here. My ViSA check card from the US works fine. For me the fees are low.

til
not many foreigners know but if you come here and meet a girl for the first time your suppose to invite all of her family to dinner so they can meet you... They call this attack force ... At my first dinner here i had 27 family memebers show up to eat and meet me for the first time.. Many Locals Think if you dont do this its a sign that your not interested in the family and maybe not serious about the girl...

Oh come on! Its not really like that.

I lived at my GF parents house and they were happy we bought food every morning at the market. And they really liked me because i would eat anything they would cook. And now they are telling there daughter they think i'll be good husband for her because i smile a lot and am a nice man.

Well ok, i did pay the gasoline for a visit to kawasan falls with some family and neigbours on two small pickups filled with people.

And i also paid a hospital bill for her little sister of 2 years when she got ill.

On topic: I would calculate 100 CHF/$ (which is the same now) per day and add extra money if you do diving or some costly excursions, etc.

Hotel payed already.

Small presents and some shopping shoould be included in that sum.

And in the end i'll throw in a few hundred extra just in case.

But thats my personal way of doing it.

If you think its too much just use less.

Actually i ran out of money last time with 3 days to go and we lived off my GFs money for those last days. :o

So dont trust my calcualtions. lol

And dont forget to have 650 pesos leftover for the terminal fee at the airport!!!

Edited by til