How do you prevent tap-ins to your electric/water lines(thefts)?

smokey

Ah, in that case Mr. Smokey, it may be more prudent to perform the same initial action, and then tell people around that something happened with the power and it blew up many of your appliances. After a few days, roll up the wire you found connected to the system from an illegal source and take it back to where it ends, telling them that the illegal connection was probably the source of the line problem, and "do not do this again". In that scenario I would imagine that the thief would be grateful you are not taking the matter further and would tend to sway towards it being his fault.

More than one way of skinning a possum, or perhaps that is squirrel in your area. Let me know if I can assist you with any more ideas my good man. Peace.

Well reality is they will as a matter of fact accuse ,, have a neighborhood trial and punish the foreigner as everyone knows only a foreigner would be that sneaky /// you might get away with it the first time but time will catch up with you and as grudges are often keep for at least 20 years you will be on borrowed time 

ed villas

Well reality is they will as a matter of fact accuse ,, have a neighborhood trial and punish

in some parts of the RP .. the N ICE P EOPLE A ROUND are the ones who have the trials.dispense justice.

questsea73

I have just noticed another way I will fit in when I arrive later this year.  I also treasure a grudge and will embrace it for 20 years or until I die, whichever comes first.

Forgiving and forgetting is what causes history to repeat itself.  Bad history, that is.

Ken

• Like 1
smokey

I have just noticed another way I will fit in when I arrive later this year.  I also treasure a grudge and will embrace it for 20 years or until I die, whichever comes first.

Forgiving and forgetting is what causes history to repeat itself.  Bad history, that is.

Ken

you will fit right in just dont sing any Perry como songs ...

Have you considered installing a sub meter to the incoming power feed. At least this would tell you how much your own usage is in comparison to billing

• Like 2
mpt1947

Roger many places meters are installed on poles  away from the house, and it is possible to tap in after the meter, but must tapping is done before the meters.

If you suspect tapping after your meter, the only way to find out, is to flip off your main breaker and go watch the meter, if it turns something is wrong, check it that way at different times of the day.

My meter is on a pole about 25 meters from my home, the pole is about 10 meters off the ground with about 50-75 individual meters on it - We know how much electricity we use every month and report any difference when we pay our bill.

We complain every day until the over charges are reversed - it works, but takes time.

Thelandofku-an
lazydays

Live in a gated/guarded community :D

udonthani

It surprises me I haven't read about any gas siphoning from vehicles with gas... also much more expensive in PI than USA. 

Ken

you will eventually. I'm almost certain I had about 60-70 pesos worth of fuel stolen at a motorbike wash in Dumaguete. Proper fuel thieves in the UK, where gasoline is just about the most expensive in the world, don't mess about with the highly visible and slow business of siphoning anyway. They know how to get under a car - usually in the hours of darkness - and vandalise it to fill up a vessel with gasoline in less than a minute.