Being held hostage

smokey

Pope was the defendant.  I don't think the plaintiffs get HDOs.  In fact I know of a foreigner v. foreigner case where the plaintiff left the country and the case dragged on for a year or more after that with no plaintiff showing up for the monthly court dates.

Well i sure dont know i was just told its lets finish business ... i can see their point on someone filing lots of cases then  leaving would be a big mess..  really depends on who and why there is a HDO... i am sure its not easy as it looks to get one 

I didnt forget , i just didnt want to expose my contacts info - they are hard to come by .   As you know with 2 different people threatening to get me deported [ to avoid paying me what they currently owe me ] it is necessary for me to have as much fire power in my corner as possible

In Canada when i sued people i only had to worry about losing in court. Here i have to worry about getting deporter - or worse !! 

yes your right loose lips sink ships ...  as much as a guy wants to help others god helps them who help themselves first

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The grounds are anything to do with your immigration status being questionable, or a hold departure order issued by a judge. Hold departure orders are only issued in criminal cases I believe.

I know of two instances where a hold departure order was put in place regarding civil matters. One of them, the guy was just the president of a non-profit club here which is being sued over a land problem, and he can't leave the country until it is settled.

shadow

I know of two instances where a hold departure order was put in place regarding civil matters. One of them, the guy was just the president of a non-profit club here which is being sued over a land problem, and he can't leave the country until it is settled.

Well that person better have his ducks in a row then, because civil matters generally take 3-10 years to get sorted out in the Philippine court system. Heaven forbid he must work, or something...

If this is true, then all one would have to do is file a case, any case, against a person of means and convince a judge (bribe or?) to issue a HOD. The end result could only mean they pay you to drop the case so they can leave the country.

Edited by shadow
USMC-Retired

HDO can be issurd by the courts where there is sufficent cause to issue such an order.  It does not even have to be a current case but cause to keep here.  There is really zero guidelines minus that only a court can find sufficent cause.

smokey

HDO can be issurd by the courts where there is sufficent cause to issue such an order.  It does not even have to be a current case but cause to keep here.  There is really zero guidelines minus that only a court can find sufficent cause.

Bingo...................................  its sometimes used to inspire someone to settle