Being held hostage

msmith524

What are generally the grounds for being detained from exiting the Country.

I know upaid visa fees is one, but what are the others?

If, for example I file a civil case against someone here and the Courts dragging their feet do not resolve it before I attempt to leave the Country, can they detain me for that?

Thanks.

Davaoeno

I dont think a civil case has anything to do with Immigration, however if someone ever  filed a criminal case against you I wouldnt be surprised to find a detention order

BTW who do you feel is holding you hostage ???????

Surely you wouldnt want to avail of the court system here to file a case and then want the same court system to not apply its laws to you ?

Edited by Davaoeno
SkyMan

If you file a case against someone I don't think they would put a HDO (Hold Departure Order) on you.  It's usually the defendant that gets that.

• Like 1
shadow

The grounds are anything to do with your immigration status being questionable, or a hold departure order issued by a judge. Hold departure orders are only issued in criminal cases I believe.

• Like 1
smokey

What are generally the grounds for being detained from exiting the Country.

I know upaid visa fees is one, but what are the others?

If, for example I file a civil case against someone here and the Courts dragging their feet do not resolve it before I attempt to leave the Country, can they detain me for that?

Thanks.

if you have a case you have to stay ... i think their way of thinking is you file a case and leave its a mess for them to unwind especially if there is counter suit..

Davaoeno

if you have a case you have to stay ... i think their way of thinking is you file a case and leave its a mess for them to unwind especially if there is counter suit..

you sound pretty sure of that - can you provide some references/citations please ??

A friend of mine is a public school teacher- has been for 14 years.  She owns 2  houses in Davao .    A few days ago she booked a ticket to meet someone in Singapore for 3 days.  Immigration refused to let her leave the country- it seems all govt employees have to get a permission slip to leave the country.   Now I could see the logic if she was a nuclear scientist doing sensitive research into hydrogen bombs - but a school teacher? What rational can there possibly be to control her movements in and out of the country ??

smokey

you sound pretty sure of that - can you provide some references/citations please ??

A friend of mine is a public school teacher- has been for 14 years.  She owns 2  houses in Davao .    A few days ago she booked a ticket to meet someone in Singapore for 3 days.  Immigration refused to let her leave the country- it seems all govt employees have to get a permission slip to leave the country.   Now I could see the logic if she was a nuclear scientist doing sensitive research into hydrogen bombs - but a school teacher? What rational can there possibly be to control her movements in and out of the country ??

i am not sure just my wife said to me if there is a case pending everyone has to stay....  remember pope deported yet not allowed to leave till his Civil case on non payment of dues was settled as well as his other cases

maybe you can contact someone at the court , like a lady lawyer you meet one time 

Davaoeno

i am not sure just my wife said to me if there is a case pending everyone has to stay....  remember pope deported yet not allowed to leave till his Civil case on non payment of dues was settled as well as his other cases

maybe you can contact someone at the court , like a lady lawyer you meet one time 

well as you know she is a prosecutor so might not know, but i will ask her next time i go to visit her 

Paul

BTW who do you feel is holding you hostage ???????

I would say that is none of our business. And, I feel as though it would not benefit him to post such information on an open forum, especially if he is currently in the Philippines.

----------------

Now, if it is a civil case, I cannot see where they would have any grounds to place a "hold departure" on you. I do not see where they could.

Philip Rowe, that p*ssy whipped asshole from Alabama, let his over bearing young wife file a false case against me. It was filed about two months, or so, before I left. However, I didn't see any of the documents until after I was out of the country. No one had served anything on me during the two months prior to me leaving the country.

Likewise, no one stopped me from leaving, either.

Oh, this was a criminal case.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

Edited by Paul
SkyMan

i am not sure just my wife said to me if there is a case pending everyone has to stay.... remember pope deported yet not allowed to leave till his Civil case on non payment of dues was settled as well as his other cases

Pope was the defendant.  I don't think the plaintiffs get HDOs.  In fact I know of a foreigner v. foreigner case where the plaintiff left the country and the case dragged on for a year or more after that with no plaintiff showing up for the monthly court dates.
Paul

The grounds are anything to do with your immigration status being questionable, or a hold departure order issued by a judge. Hold departure orders are only issued in criminal cases I believe.

Wouldn't this be a criminal case? That is, one would have to be breaking the law, if their status was an over staying alien, right? I mean, it would be criminal then, yes, not civil?

Davaoeno

would say that is none of our business. And, I feel as though it would not benefit him to post such information on an open forum, especially if he is currently in the Philippines.

you missed the point oh great one !! That comment was pure sarcasm, used due to his titling the thread  Being held Hostage, when it is very obvious that no one is holding anyone hostage at all !! 

Paul

That comment was pure sarcasm

Well, let's not use sarcasm when replying to someone who is genuinely concerned and posts a serious inquiry such as this. He needs genuine assistance here, please.

smokey

well as you know she is a prosecutor so might not know, but i will ask her next time i go to visit her 

but as you forgot she is a BI investigator also  

Davaoeno

but as you forgot she is a BI investigator also  

I didnt forget , i just didnt want to expose my contacts info - they are hard to come by .   As you know with 2 different people threatening to get me deported [ to avoid paying me what they currently owe me ] it is necessary for me to have as much fire power in my corner as possible

In Canada when i sued people i only had to worry about losing in court. Here i have to worry about getting deporter - or worse !! 

• Like 1