Jump to content

BI clarification on late reporting out of country

Recommended Posts


Part of this discussion:




Was about what to do if you have a resident visa and are out of the country the first 60 days of the year when annual reporting is required but impossible as that can only be done in country.  The general advice was go report and pay a fine for late reporting.  It appears this was incorrect as I suspected. 


I wrote an email to the BI requesting clarification given such a situation and this is their reply.







Please be
informed that all Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visa Holders are required to file
for Annual report in compliance with the Alien Registration Act of 1950. You
must report to the BI Manila or at any of immigration field / satellite
offices nationwide within the first 60 days of
every calendar year and file your Annual Report within said period. For those who
are outside the Philippines during said period, they may file their annual
report within seven (7) days from their date of arrival without incurring any








you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the
BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3769 / 523-4870 / 524-3824, visit our website
at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on
Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us
on Twitter: immigrationPH.




  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
The professor

Yes, I was aware of this as a friend of mine had to do exactly this. But it is good info and I do believe I have read this here sometime before

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was unaware of this and never even thought about it, good info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..


I Understand...