New First Post

Scruffydog

Scruffydog

I currently live in Middle Ga and have a good job, but at age 50 I am
thinking… You know life is too short to work like crazy all the time in a pressure filled
job.. to what end.

I would appreciate any Pro’s and Cons anyone might care to share.

I know the first question will be.. What to you plan to do for Income… I
have a steady  net income of about 2, 300
dollars per month from rental property and about 200K in assests .

I am being told I could lead a fairly comfortable life there. I have visited
3 times. Before I move I would probably go back for 2 longer trips to make sure
I was comfortable in my surroundings.

Thoughts ?

Mr. Mike

Welcome to the forum!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dig deeply into the forum topics,,,,read,,,, read,,,,and read some more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then ask any questions you like! Edited by Mr. Mike
jtmwatchbiz

welcome...and from what you say it sounds like you have a good initial plan already, and my guess is you will have no problem living here should your plan go as planned and you make that decision :)

fred

guadalupe

• Like 1
thebob

Move slowly. Make some extended visits here, move around and see if you can find an area you feel comfortable in.

Don't make any rash decisions and gradually ease your way into spending more and more time here. Don't burn your bridges.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3
Scruffydog

Move slowly. Make some extended visits here, move around and see if you can find an area you feel comfortable in.

Don't make any rash decisions and gradually ease your way into spending more and more time here. Don't burn your bridges.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks to all. I will poke around in here. I think moving slow is the advice I keep getting.

shadow

Easy does it! Spend some time in different areas, there is a wide disparity between areas here. Chances are you will find an area you like. Don't bring anything into the Philippines that you do not want to lose.

• Like 2
Scruffydog

Welcome !

Two things that may effect you are;

Heat and Humidity.

Culture Shock.

There are books available on Culture Shock Philippines, also a condensed general definition here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_shock

Thanks for the link... As for heat and Humidty. I live in Mid-Ga CARCAR is way cooler than here in the summer. But we have more Air-Con.

livinglife007

Welcome aboard, a good start is reading this Forum. I love it here in Alegria the south part of Cebu. Lots to learn about renting, living with family but life is adventure. It helps to pick upa few words and saying ,it gets them smiling since some are shy.

Paul

Scruffydog,

It may behoove you, and (apparently) other established members of this forum, to start by reading the rules of this particular one:

These are the rules for Newbie Members:

1. Read the Forum Rules prior to posting anywhere on this site.
2. Do not advertise in any way, including using an avatar or in your signature.
3. Post your question or comment in the appropriate forum, when posting a new topic.
4. The "Introduction Threads" forum is only for introductions. It is not for general conversation.
5. Newbie Members are not allowed to add links or email addresses in their posts or signatures.
6. Be an active member here, and you will have additional permissions and privileges after 50 successful posts.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
Scruffydog

Scruffydog,

It may behoove you, and (apparently) other established members of this forum, to start by reading the rules of this particular one:

3. Post your question or comment in the appropriate forum, when posting a new topic.

4. The "Introduction Threads" forum is only for introductions. It is not for general conversation.

5. Newbie Members are not allowed to add links or email addresses in their posts or signatures.

6. Be an active member here, and you will have additional permissions and privileges after 50 successful posts.

My bad sorry.. I did read the rules. I thought the spelling thing may get me :)  Any way thanks for pointing that out

• 2 weeks later...
thebob

Scruffydog,

Sorry Boss, I guess I just got all chatty.

Welcome.  (I dare say no more. :cool: )