Swimming Pool Costs-Chemicals, Maintenance, Electric?

towboat72

im glad to see this topic on here.im also thinking about putting in a pool,so i will be watching this topic .

i dont have any info to contrubite but i will be reading .thanks   

we live in compostela.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Monsoon

• cebubird

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ye have little faith. Guys who have been here a while are quite adept at getting local labor to semi reliably conduct the recurring labors that we choose not to do ourselves. I quite enjoy giving inst

Well I always took care of the maintenance myself back in the US, and I could NEVER imagine having to spend more than 45 mins one time a week doing that. Pool maintenance was a popular business, like

Lots of people waste large amounts of money on booze and cigarettes, and it kills them.Swimming is VERY good exercise! "personal choices"

smokey

WEll i dont have a home pool but do have a spa and the biggest problem we have is all the minerals in the water my next project would be to get a filter system to remove the calcium its a huge hassle to remove the calcium from the fiberglass and this will also be one on the tile..  once a year we drain the spa and clean the surface with vinegar and its a major job.. we can get a filter system for that problem but i am trying to stop investing ever MORE money in the house..

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I had a pool in San Diego before I moved here to the phills. What sucks about it is if you don't monitor the ph leval than your pool will go to shit. My advice? If you come here to relax than do not get a pool.

Ye have little faith. Guys who have been here a while are quite adept at getting local labor to semi reliably conduct the recurring labors that we choose not to do ourselves. I quite enjoy giving instructions with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Have his number but his coverage area was Ayala Alabang. Doubt he would go to Cebu. ::-):

Sorry, I know this is about cebu but I saw your post and would like to get the info of your contact.

We're moving to Sta Rosa and are interested in a pool. Is he a contractor or just do servicing of pools?

Can you PM me his contact?

Thelandofku-an

WEll i dont have a home pool but do have a spa and the biggest problem we have is all the minerals in the water my next project would be to get a filter system to remove the calcium its a huge hassle to remove the calcium from the fiberglass and this will also be one on the tile..  once a year we drain the spa and clean the surface with vinegar and its a major job.. we can get a filter system for that problem but i am trying to stop investing ever MORE money in the house..

A friend of mine converted his spa to a saltwater system since his problem was non-soluable  silica deposits that built up!

cebubird

Still not sure if or when we might do this, but our house builder gave us a price of 360t for 31/2x8m 4' deep. this includes the fencing around the pool(to prevent little one from falling/jumping in)and a nice gazebo at one end, and of course pump and all filtration system.

We are supposed to move into our house next month and don't know if I want to put up with workers around there every day for 3 or4 months.