Question on the I-130 process and the I-864

Nangulo

Going through a DCF.  Married, but wife has no SSN.  Don't get anything back from IRS so never filed for ITIN.

The I-864 asks for copies of last 3 years tax returns.  Does wife need an ITIN for me to submit I-864?  Tax returns don't have her name on them, even we're married.  Do I need to get ITIN?

Do I need to file amended returns and get copies back with both names on 1040's?

USMC-Retired

she does not need a ssn or tin for DCF  You must file taxes or have sponser to meet income requirements.  Once you are in the states get her SSN and file amended returns.  I already asked this question to immigration. 

mactanfamily

I used Shadow's pinay visa service for wife and daughter. Initial DCF filing last Sept, medical and interview in Dec, visa by Christmas. Arrived US in Jan, SS and green cards 2 weeks later, and just received adopted daughters US passport last week. Now 2 more years for wife's US citizenship. 

There are a lot of little things to catch you up, so I advise using him. It's worth the price. 

• Like 1
Headshot

she does not need a ssn or tin for DCF  You must file taxes or have sponser to meet income requirements.  Once you are in the states get her SSN and file amended returns.  I already asked this question to immigration. 

Once you are in the US, her SS card  will be automatically mailed to you (entering the US triggers the process). She will receive her card in the mail (at the address you listed) about three weeks later.

Edited by Headshot