BI To Launch Biometrics Scheme For Travelers

Thelandofku-an

Some even check your temperature as you arrive so as to find out if you're carrying a disease.

This was done in NAIA and Mactan during the "chickenflue" scare.

Don't know if they'll set it up to work in brownouts/blackouts, the luggage carousels didn't in the past?

udonthani

ordinary UK police patrol cars have started carrying portable index-fingerprinting kits with them that enables them to identify illegal migrants and wanted criminals at the roadside without going to the trouble of detaining them and fingerprinting them at a police station.

KennyF

I guarantee you there will be a new fee for this. Of which less than half the money collected actually goes to the system.

Jeeze why so negative.

Several other SEA countries do all this finger print and camera stuff (and chipped passports in some) and they don't charge.

What makes you think RP will.

And anyway, this is a great way to filter out some of the undesirables that hang around SEA.

KinPP

• Like 2
Brucewayne

I guarantee you there will be a new fee for this. Of which less than half the money collected actually goes to the system.

Of course, why else would they call it a "scheme", rather than a legitimate plan?

ellenbrook2001

well if they take your fingers print then we will be for an extra hr at the immigration?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

well if they take your fingers print then we will be for an extra hr at the immigration?

50 minutes for me

BlueFin

I can see it now: Coming soon on arrival for you .. offline/broken biometric equipment.

lazydays

This was done in NAIA and Mactan during the "chickenflue" scare.

It was also done to me by the door guard at BOI Davao when there was a chicken flu scare. I was also asked how i felt.

I know i can look rough first thing in the morning but wth :lol:

• Like 1