spydoo

I'm interested in how I can work for myself legally. I work online (webdev and SEO) but will also be communicating with customers abroad and marketing to potential customers by VOIP (mainly in Australia, possibly US).

Other people do this sort of thing under the radar, but I'm interested in dotting my i's and crossing my t's. One reason is that I would like to work in a call center, so more publicly than most. Another is that want to employ locals; also that I don't want to risk the consequences of getting busted working illegally. 

From what I've learned elsewhere, one of my options is to get a visa by establishing a company in Australia then opening a branch office in RP. Has anyone gone this route? Can anyone tell me how much hands on work the visa permits or if I need to also get a DOLE work permit?

The second option I've been considering is the visa (SEGV) given for employing 10 or more filipinos. It's not my first choice as it means being compelled to run a larger business than I want with the associated risk and stress, but under consideration still. Has anyone gone this route? I'm also interested in anyone's experience with this visa.

Thanks, I'll be very grateful for any knowledge or experience any members here have with these visas and setting up business to get them.....

Edited by spydoo
mikejwoodnz

the - simplest - register and host your online  website  offshore - have your payments linked via pay pal to an offshore account - and shut the feck up - no problems. What does it matter where you live ?  

• Like 2
spydoo

the - simplest - register and host your online  website  offshore - have your payments linked via pay pal to an offshore account - and shut up - no problems. What does it matter where you live ?  

Where a website is hosted is irrelevant. Where I receive my income from is also not the issue I want to address. It's a matter of where I'm working (publicly) and who I'm employing. I don't want an aggrieved ex-employee reporting me for working illegally. Also, there will be lots of people seeing me work in a call center. Wouldn't that be asking for trouble if I don't do it legally?

Also, I like to do the right thing, where practical. If it's not I'll accept that but I want to check if there's a way I can do it properly first. That's why I'm asking, thanks...

Edited by spydoo
smokey

I'm interested in how I can work for myself legally. I work online (webdev and SEO) but will also be communicating with customers abroad and marketing to potential customers by VOIP (mainly in Australia, possibly US).

Other people do this sort of thing under the radar, but I'm interested in dotting my i's and crossing my t's. One reason is that I would like to work in a call center, so more publicly than most. Another is that want to employ locals; also that I don't want to risk the consequences of getting busted working illegally. 

From what I've learned elsewhere, one of my options is to get a visa by establishing a company in Australia then opening a branch office in RP. Has anyone gone this route? Can anyone tell me how much hands on work the visa permits or if I need to also get a DOLE work permit?

The second option I've been considering is the visa (SEGV) given for employing 10 or more filipinos. It's not my first choice as it means being compelled to run a larger business than I want with the associated risk and stress, but under consideration still. Has anyone gone this route? I'm also interested in anyone's experience with this visa.

Thanks, I'll be very grateful for any knowledge or experience any members here have with these visas and setting up business to get them.....

i know a few guys who have or run call centers and most are under the radar because when they are NOT under the radar they are in sharing mode.. most have one or more family connections that keep them out of the dance studio ... one of the ways they are often found is they sign up for PLDT internet   DER like when you need high speed and the install office is full of desk what does that say...  best for you would be to rent space in an on going call center ..