ACR13A Visa. Current indo needed

I have been outside the Philippines since June, 2012.  

I have a ACR13A Visa (Married to a Philippina).    I know last day to renew is February 28.   

I plan on returning thru Manila Inter. Airport late March or early April.      Cebu City is my real destination so will just be passing thru MIA.  

I am sure  I must go thru immigration in MIA.  What problems will I encounter?

Will it be renwed at MIA, BOI?    

Additional fees/penalties.

A friend was in same position last year but only planned to stay a very short time.    He told them he did not have his ICard with him so they stamped him in as a tourist.

I DO want to renew my ACR13A Visa.

Many thanks in advance for any current information.        John

cebubird

If your destination flight is Cebu, you won't go thru immigration til you get to Cebu. If Manila is the destination of your flight, that's another story.

hookedtothenet

Can't see that there will be a Problem if you don't want to renew your 13A. Just come in on a Balikbayan (if travelling with your wife) or do the normal visa process.

hookedtothenet

If your destination flight is Cebu, you won't go thru immigration til you get to Cebu. If Manila is the destination of your flight, that's another story.

I think that if you land in Manila then you will have to go through immigration there, your bags will be put on the conveyor and you will collect them and go through customs, then you can hand your bags to the transit desk who will forward your bags onto cebu.

You will already have your onward ticket to cebu, given to you at your original point of departure.

That's the way things normally work for me.

Edited by hookedtothenet
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

John,

I don't have personal experience with this one but a good friend of mine didn't realize there was such a thing as an annual report he got his 13A several years ago. Then recently he got things all sorted out, he had to pay fines for the late reports. It cost him a big chunk of cash (don't remember how much) but we are talking years and years of no report. He had to go out of the country is how he discovered this. They let him out and when he came back he had to go on a tourist visa. Eventually he got it all sorted out. In your case, your a little late, maybe worst case you have to enter on a tourist and then get it all sorted with immigration while your here.

I will be entering from Cambodia through Manila changing planes to Cebu City (my final destination).

I DO want to renew my ACR13A visa.   Main reason for the trip.

Not with my wife.

If I do not go through Immigration in Manila, then I will in Mactan Airport.

So question is what will happen at BOI in Mactan Airport.

For peace of mind I wantt to know before getting there.     

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

You will go through immigration in NAIA in MNL if that is your first destination in the Philippines. Your next flight is a domestic flight. No immigration in Cebu.

John, since you have some time before you leave, you should contact immigration. They do answer emails and they also answer questions on their Twitter account. Other guys here have had luck in asking questions. This will be your best bet.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
hookedtothenet

I will be entering from Cambodia through Manila changing planes to Cebu City (my final destination).

Not with my wife.

For peace of mind I wantt to know before getting there.     

Sorry, misread the 'Do' ! My bad!

Don't know is the answer to that, but if I had to guess I would say that you will have to go through the whole 13A process again and you will have to enter as a normal tourist. But maybe others will know a more definitive answer to your question.

Woolf

Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center (BINOC)
+632 523-5081 | +632 523-6615 | +632 524-3769
1-800-100- ALIEN  (24/7 Toll Free)
For immigration inquiries, send it at:

[email protected]

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=73

• Like 1
SkyMan

I know last day to renew is February 28.

Your 13A is permanent, right?  So it's permanent unless revoked.  When does your ACR-I card expire?  That's good for 5 years and may just happen to expire on Feb 28th, but I think you're talking about the annual report which must be done for anyone in country Jan-Feb.  I'm sure it's fairly common for people to be out of the country Jan-Feb so it shouldn't be a problem just paying the p310 when you arrive but you may be directed to pay it at the BoI.  Don't lose the receipt.  I don't believe there would be any fine or penalty as you were out of the country.
Headshot

Not with my wife.

For peace of mind I want to know before getting there.     

John, you don't need to "renew" your 13A (unless it was still a temporary visa). The 13A visa is permanent except for the first year that you have it (probation period). If your ACR-I card has expired (look at the expiration date), then you will have to renew it. You have also missed the required annual report (Jan-Feb), but you can still do that at the Mandaue Immigration office when you get to Cebu. It will just cost you a small late fee in addition to the regular charge. BTW, nothing will happen at Mactan. You will go through Immigration in Manila. Just tell them you have a 13A visa, and you will be stamped through. If you are coming in with your wife, you can both go through the same line together (you are a permanent resident). Just give them both passports at once.

• Like 1
cebubird

I think that if you land in Manila then you will have to go through immigration there, your bags will be put on the conveyor and you will collect them and go through customs, then you can hand your bags to the transit desk who will forward your bags onto cebu.

You will already have your onward ticket to cebu, given to you at your original point of departure.

That's the way things normally work for me.

Well I can only speak from personal experience and I only did that once and my bags were checked thru to Cebu from US and I did not go thru customs/immigration until Cebu

Headshot

Well I can only speak from personal experience and I only did that once and my bags were checked thru to Cebu from US and I did not go thru customs/immigration until Cebu

Bill, I don't know when that was, but anymore, you don't get off an international flight in Manila without going through Immigration and Customs. You just recheck your bags after you get through Customs. The flight from Manila to Cebu is a domestic flight, so there would be no Immigration and Customs set up for it in Cebu.

• Like 1

I understand that, although the reporting deadline is 28th Feb, if you are out of the country there are a few days grace for you to make your report on your return.  To do so go to the BoI with ACR and passport showing the entry stamp.

This implies that the ACR is still considered valid upon your return.

I realise this is applied logic which rarely works here so be prepared to spend some time arguing at immigration.

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1
mpt1947

Bill, I don't know when that was, but anymore, you don't get off an international flight in Manila without going through Immigration and Customs. You just recheck your bags after you get through Customs. The flight from Manila to Cebu is a domestic flight, so there would be no Immigration and Customs set up for it in Cebu.

In July 2010 I took a PAL Flight from Las Vegas to Cebu, with the mandatory stop in Manila.  In Vegas my bags were tagged for Cebu.  When we got off in Manila and went through Immigration, I never saw my bags.  

Since my flight from Manila to Cebu was domestic and I had already gone through Immigration, my bags were treated as domestic arrivals and I didn't have to go through customs - had I known that I would have shipped my car...

But alas... such is life

• Like 2